Why doesn't my Touch work after replacing the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro?

zinsco

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Touch no longer works after replacing screen for Yoga 2 Pro

Screen was cracked so I replaced the screen. Now touch doesn't work.

There is no "Pen and Touch" and "Tablet PC Settings" in Control Panel. In PC info it says, "No pen or touch input is available for this display."

Touch DOES work on LINUX as I ran it from a usb drive, so it is not a hardware problem.

I have reinstalled Windows.

I have another Yoga 2 Pro and comparing Device Manager in both I see no differences.

How can I get the touch to work again?

Last edited:

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Touch no longer works after replacing screen for Yoga 2 Pro

try refreshing your PC maybe the driver is not working properly
If the touchscreen does show up on the device manager try updating the driver from there. (it will be listed under HID )
​Otherwise

To refresh your PC

[FONT=WOL_Reg]
  • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap [FONT=WOL_Bold]Settings[/FONT], and then tap [FONT=WOL_Bold]Change PC settings[/FONT].
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Settings[/FONT], and then click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Change PC settings[/FONT].)
  • Tap or click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Update and recovery[/FONT], and then tap or click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Recovery[/FONT].
  • Under [FONT=WOL_Bold]Refresh your PC without affecting your files[/FONT], tap or click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Get started[/FONT].
  • Follow the instructions on the screen.
[/FONT]

zinsco

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Touch no longer works after replacing screen for Yoga 2 Pro

Thank you for your response. I did the refresh and still does not work.

Ian Holdsworth

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm in the Same boat. Had to replace the screen on My Yoga 2 11 after the screen got smashed. The new screen is in and everything except the touch sensitive aspect is working fine.

On system properties I'm get the no Pen / Touch devices present message.

In device Manager under Human Input Devices most of the options including the one for touch sensitive screens have vanished.

I've reset Windows 10 and still no touch sensitivity

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers