Nokia branded phones vs Microsoft

fitcious

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Just out of curiosity and discussion purpose.

Seems like all the new Lumia phones are using MS branding rather than Nokia. With the deal Nokia made with MS, Nokia cannot enter into the smartphone field until 2016. Does this mean Nokia can possibly be back in the smartphone game come early 2016 (regardless of OS - possibly Android?)?

For me, one of the main reason I used the WP platform is because of the strong Nokia branding - but i am not sure will i want any phones made by MS (although their surface is quite nice). If Nokia comes back in 2016 (which i hope they do), I will be curious on what type of phones they will make...my gut feeling is they will go with Android, just like the N1 tablet.

For the Nokia fans out there...will this sway your decision to move away from WP platform and stick with Nokia, even if they go with Android?

Thanks!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've personally never understood the idea of buying something because a certain corporation made it, but I suppose if just having the word Nokia on it somehow makes it better, then you should go for it.

Last edited:

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Shame that the Nokia brand were being killed off, I think it used to suit the top of those Lumias much nicer than the Microsoft branding coming out on them now. I used to love the ring to the name 'Nokia Lumia' - it's just a shame now that it's being killed off. :/

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, it's just a name now. You realize that the team that designed and made Nokia phones is EXACTLY the same team as the one making MS phones. MS bought the phone division of Nokia. The talent that brought you a Nokia Lumia is the same talent that brings/will bring you Microsoft Lumias.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Worth noting that I've heard talk of Nokia licensing it's name and brand out (like the N1)

So by the looks of it, MS Lumia phones for now are Nokia in all but name (since much of the same people are at work here) and Nokia's future products will be Nokia in name only.

At this point, it's just a different word stamped on the device. A powerful one, but just a word nonetheless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)