Is Microsoft taking the wrong marketing approach?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about all the Windows commercials or advertisements for windows and the one thing that I noticed is the OS looks pretty plain. One of the best things about Windows phone 8.1 is the ability to customize it to your look. This should be a huge market for artists/designers who want to show their unique approach through their phone. If you look at the screenshot thread with all the different backgrounds, you see that no 2 themes are alike. Every iphone looks the same, but with windows every style is completely different!

I think Microsoft should hire some artists to create a few themes on a bunch of phones. Use 1 phone like the Lumia 830 and use a phrase like "Same phone different look". And show the different people interacting and showing off their own start screen among friends. Or flip through the different themes. The ads look plain and it makes Windows phone 8.1 look bad. When people see my screen they all don't realize how nice you can make it look because they only see the bad ones. I mean if you look at my attached image, it looks nothing like what you see in commercials or advertisement. Even in their store they look so plain.

wp_ss_20150305_0003.jpg

And this is the type of start screens you see in ads.

lumia-830-banner-01-EN.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720