Camera app confusion

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. Hope some of you may be able to help me with my camera app confusion. I'm not an keen snapper but I take a few. The ones I do take I like them to be the best quality. I used to follow camera app development but I've taken my eye off of that ball for a while now. So, I have three camera app questions.

First, is there a generally accepted "best" camera app, or is it down to personal choice?

Second, looking in my app list I have Camera and Lumia Camera (and I installed ProShot). I'm guessing Camera is the stock WP camera app and Lumia Camera is something Nokia knocked up. Have I got that right?

Third, when I go to my default camera app setting I see something odd. I have the choice of two camera apps: Microsoft Camera and Lumia Camera. The strange thing is, nowhere on my phone can I find an app called Microsoft Camera. Where did that come from?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personal choice I think, what works best.
Lumia Camera offers the most easy control.
MS Camera is speediest to startup. (although Lumia Camera 5 negates that benefit in newer higher-end devices)
ProShot has tons of bells and whistles.

You are correct on the Camera vs. Lumia Camera point.
There is also an HTC Camera and I think ATIV Camera for those specific devices.

Microsoft Camera is Camera.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
try them both for a while, if you got a 830+ with denim then the stock camera wont have many pros over it, otherwise you will have to choose between speed or features

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb