Can I get some help getting Denim on my device?

dharma teja1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Denim update problem

I have updated my lumia 820 software to the latest version, I can create start screen folders...etc
But in extras+info it was showing LUMIA CYAN.
Plz help me to get Lumia Denim on my device.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Denim update problem

I have updated my lumia 820 software to the latest version, I can create start screen folders...etc
But in extras+info it was showing LUMIA CYAN.
Plz help me to get Lumia Denim on my device.

You can check whether Lumia Denim is official available for your device in your region. Here is the link.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...pdate%2Fwp8-software-update%2F&token=dPvrzRzV
As you are saying you can create live folders etc , and other features available in Lumia denim, you can do the same using preview for developers, so did you enroll for the preview ?

dharma teja1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Ya ..Previously I updated through PFD,But later i did reset my phone, Later I did some update dont know what it is..
Denim update is available in my region,India.
But in Extras + Info, It was not showing denim..

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Ya ..Previously I updated through PFD,But later i did reset my phone, Later I did some update dont know what it is..
Denim update is available in my region,India.
But in Extras + Info, It was not showing denim..
Resetting your device doesnt change the firmware so you are still on preview for developers build i.e. 8.1 update 1.
Now as you say Denim is available for your device, you can check for update again. (if you are using the preview for developers build then please consider unchecking the enable preview button in the preview for developers app. )
Alternative method. : Use Lumia software recovery tool (LSRT) for flashing the latest commercial version available for your device you can connect your device and run the tool it will show the latest build in your case it should be denim...and then proceed through the steps and flash your device with the build. (note: Backup your imp data first and after flashing restore the data)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720