Broke my phone screen? How do I transfer files to PC?

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 and I dropped and broke the screen. Now the touchscreen isn't working at all, although the other buttons are functional. I was planning to buy a new phone anyway so I decided to transfer the files in the phone memory to my laptop. However, I'm unable to access the files from my laptop unless I enter the unlock password on my phone, which I can't do because the touchscreen isn't working.

I can transfer the files present in the SD Card because I have a memory card reader but there are some files in my phone memory that I'd like to transfer as well. How do I go about this?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 and I dropped and broke the screen. Now the touchscreen isn't working at all, although the other buttons are functional. I was planning to buy a new phone anyway so I decided to transfer the files in the phone memory to my laptop. However, I'm unable to access the files from my laptop unless I enter the unlock password on my phone, which I can't do because the touchscreen isn't working.

I can transfer the files present in the SD Card because I have a memory card reader but there are some files in my phone memory that I'd like to transfer as well. How do I go about this?

You need the pin to access the phone there is no way around.
What you could do is borrow a friends 520 and swap the screen assembly with your phone so you can use the pin or buy a new touch screen so you still can use the 520 as a backup.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I dont know whether it work with lumia since i have tried it on non lumia windows phone(when my phone is connected via usb it asks for USB data sharing).....but in your pc open the project my screen app nd connect via usb.....then if your device asks permission for projecting screen then accept it.....now you can unlock your device through pc it worked for my device(micromax w121)

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I dont know whether its work with lumia since i have tried it on non lumia windows phone(when my phone is connected via usb it asks for USB data sharing).....but in your pc open the project my screen app nd connect via usb.....then if your device asks permission for projecting screen then accept it.....now you can unlock your device through pc it worked for my device(micromax w121)

I just tried it and it's not working...

How much would a new screen cost me?

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok so turns out that I barely had any data on my phone memory so the SD Card data I have is sufficient.

But can I directly put this SD card into an android phone and start using it without removing the existing pics/videos? Or will it only work with other windows phones?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I would back everything up to your pc prior to installing it in an Android phone. The new phone *may* want to format the card in which case all your data would be lost. Better to play it safe.

Once the card is in the Android phone you can move everything back into the appropriate folder.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok so turns out that I barely had any data on my phone memory so the SD Card data I have is sufficient.

But can I directly put this SD card into an android phone and start using it without removing the existing pics/videos? Or will it only work with other windows phones?
You may access the videos and images but you cant install new android apps on sd card if u try it then the phone asks for format SD card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven