Add a Camera shortcut to Lockscreen - By swiping in from the left

anon(5843918)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Currently on lower-mid range windows phones, they do not have a hardware camera button on the side of the phone. However to compensate for this and to benefit all users, introducing a way to launch camera from the lockscreen without using physical button. Therefore this would greatly improve windows phone experience and bring it on par with lockscreen functionality of android and ios.

E.g. by swiping in from the left edge on the lockscreen would launch the camera. Therefore users would be able to launch the camera very quickly and easily
illustration_of_swiping_from_left_edge.jpg

Please vote @ windowsphoneuservoice to rasie awareness and hopefully instigate a change:
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7184210-add-a-camera-shortcut-to-lockscreen-by-swiping-i

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You got my vote.
In the surface 2 you can activate the camera on the lock screen by swiping down so kind of similar as you propose for the phone.

anon(5843918)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
You got my vote.
In the surface 2 you can activate the camera on the lock screen by swiping down so kind of similar as you propose for the phone.

I think on desktop Windows 10 swipe down is good, but on mobile Windows 10 some may get confused with action center. That's why I opted for swiping in from the left edge. Thanks for your votes

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Swipe down on phone currently opens Notifications. Swiping in from the right opens notifications in Windows 10. I think swipe from left would be best.

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I think on desktop Windows 10 swipe down is good, but on mobile Windows 10 some may get confused with action center. That's why I opted for swiping in from the left edge. Thanks for your votes

Swiping down from the bezel opens the action center. Swiping from the left bezel is not always a great solution depending on the handset/case or a combination of them. If we are doing a screen swipe, I think down from the center of the screen is a much more fluid gesture. Still though, I think it is a great idea.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Just add camera to the quick actions in the notifications center.
Then you can swipe down from the lock screen and access the camera easily.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
it takes up a quick action slot and also takes more work - isn't as fluid too.

That's pretty fluid... A swipe down and a simple tap, and from anywhere - unlike sweeping from the left... and Windows 10 adds quick action slots, so its not a limited real estate like on Windows Phone 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon