Why is my speaker phone and audio output for video not working on my Lumia 1020?

taj47

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
why is my speaker phone and audio output for video not working on lumia 1020

The truth of the matter is that windows last upgrade caused this problem of the speaker as well as audio out put from video having no audio. I know this for sure because my lumia 1020 was purchased a little over a year and only used a couple of times for photos and videos. The phone was then put away as I did not need it, because I had another phone that I used daily. Then when my contract for the phone I used often came to an end I pulled the lumia out of the box it was in a drawer that was never used. Then I checked the lumia and looked at the photos and videos saved and everything was working fine then I went to activate the lumia and upon updating the phone with the updates was when the problems occured. So all these folks telling you to buy this or that are all wrong because theres a bug in the update downloaded that windows is choosing to do nothing about and since they know that majority of the customers warranty is outdated it's there way to make money off you by telling you to send it to them because there is a fee. Windows is so wrong for this and I've spoke with them and they reported no one is calling them with these problems they are such liars.. Just with a quick search I came across dozens I means hundreds of the same complaints..... Why windows why, stop listening to folks telling you to buy more stuff they may be working for these crooks.........

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my speaker phone and audio output for video not working on lumia 1020

So all these folks telling you to buy this or that are all wrong because theres a bug in the update downloaded that windows is choosing to do nothing about and since they know that majority of the customers warranty is outdated it's there way to make money off you by telling you to send it to them because there is a fee. Windows is so wrong for this and I've spoke with them and they reported no one is calling them with these problems they are such liars.. Just with a quick search I came across dozens I means hundreds of the same complaints..... Why windows why, stop listening to folks telling you to buy more stuff they may be working for these crooks.........

Welcome to Windows Central! I'm sorry you're having problems with your phone's speakers.

Is it the speakerphone or the actual phone audio that is not working? Have you tried a soft reset? If that didn't work, might I recommend you go do a hard reset on the device? Sometimes quirks can happen and all that's needed is some sort of a reset.

Also - I'd be a little more careful before making such broad statements. Microsoft, like any other company, sticks strictly to their warranty policies. And they do so for good reason. Give some troubleshooting a shot - if that doesn't work. Then yeah, something might be wrong with the speaker on your device. If it's true that you didn't use it the entire time it was in the drawer, then it was probably a defective device to begin with. And if you had kept using the phone in that first year of ownership, you likely would have discovered as much and been able to turn it in and get a brand new one under the manufacturer's warranty.

Shame it went down this way, but your case is no different from any other consumers case. Microsoft is clear of liability and you just might be out of luck. I hope things look up for you! Please try the trouble shooting steps.

Soft Reset: Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, or until it vibrates.

Hard Reset: Go into settings -> about -> "reset your phone". Doing a hard reset will completely wipe your phone back to factory settings along with the most recent update. So make sure you back up any data or media before doing so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss