Problems to sign in or create microsoft account

Stephan Diesler

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
If you reset your phone or try to initialize a new one, you are not able to sign in your Microsoft account nor create a new one.
You will just get the message, that the phone is unable to connect.
So you are unable to get your backup restored.

The issue is known by Microsoft and they are lokking for a solution, but don't have one, now.

Seems we can't do anything, but wait and Keep trying. :cry:

Regards,
Stephan

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I can sign in once my phone is set up but not during the initial set up process which is really annoying because I want to restore my backup

Stephan Diesler

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I kept on trying and right now my phone is restoring.
It took me the hole day! So don't give up. Finally you will make it.

Good Luck to all Resetters and new phone owners!

Best regards,
Stephan

Stephan Diesler

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I tried hitting "try again", but after some attempts the "try again" did not Show up again. So I switched off the phone and after booting it startet at the screen with the Microsoft account an then it succeeded at once.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Crap...just got a new phone and having this problem. Can't sign in and just hangs with the scrolling balls :angry:

Edit- now cycling over and over through the Can't connect message...grrrrr

Last edited:

rgc6789

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to signin all day. I tried a soft reset without success. I tried turning off wi-fi and using 4G without success. I haven't seen much online about this issue other than this post.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to signin all day. I tried a soft reset without success. I tried turning off wi-fi and using 4G without success. I haven't seen much online about this issue other than this post.

I've tried different settings also...driving me nuts. Guess it's a waiting game =\

rgc6789

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I've tried different settings also...driving me nuts. Guess it's a waiting game =\

I wish MS would at least post something on Twitter or here. It sucks when you have an issue and can't tell if it's just you or a widespread issue. I feel better knowing it's not my phone! My tablets and Yoga are fine - just the phone.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I wish MS would at least post something on Twitter or here. It sucks when you have an issue and can't tell if it's just you or a widespread issue. I feel better knowing it's not my phone! My tablets and Yoga are fine - just the phone.

I got a response on twitter basically linking me to the common support fix https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2784236?wa=wsignin1.0. I responded with non of those options fix the problem and that I'm not the only one having the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99