Why can't I complete updates?

llans4

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
we couldn't complete updates

Why does the screen show We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off you computer

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you referring to a laptop/PC-related problem? This may have been mis-posted under "Windows Phone 8".

If yes, then according to this link, diegowin_xyz's solution was to install every update individually. I've also encountered this with my laptop, and can confirm that installing the updates individually does the trick. In my case, I needed to restart almost after each update. If you have "optional updates", don't select them first - install the "important" updates first.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Ryan Gracia

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Are you referring to a laptop/PC-related problem? This may have been mis-posted under "Windows Phone diegowin_xyz's solution was to install every update individually. I've also encountered this with my laptop, and can confirm that installing the updates individually does the trick. In my case, I needed to restart almost after each update. If you have "optional updates", don't select them first - install the "important" updates first.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

So I'm also stuck at this point. Power went out and when back on i can't get past this point. How do i choose to update individually?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So I'm also stuck at this point. Power went out and when back on i can't get past this point. How do i choose to update individually?

Normally, you would be able to select which updates to install. In Windows 7, this can be done in Control Panel > Windows Update. Near the center of the Windows Update page, a hyperlink would appear showing you how many "important updates" and how many "optional updates" are available for installation. You can click on any of these hyperlinks to bring you to a list where you can then select which updates to install. You can, hence, select only one update at a time, and just repeat the process after every update. You may need to restart after certain updates, or when you encounter another error using this method.

And welcome, too, to the forums.

P.S. Looks like something got deleted in your quote.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss