Will Cortana be coming to other platforms?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: cortana coming to other platforms

If this does happen then I think MS's strategy is really flawed. If its about making money, then they should even make Halo multiplatform.

If we're gonna have Cortana on Xbox on WP on PCs, then why exactly do we need them on android and IOS? If eventually this happens, I will actually move to Android. I mean I'm getting older, my allegiance to companies are waning. Cortana, at this point, is all I like about WP. If it moves to Android, then I will just move as well.

Rant over

Your Halo analogy ddoesn't work... not at all.

And Cortana being on Windows 10 PC and Xbox is the EXACT reason why the assistant is needed on iOS and Android - otherwise, Microsoft would be severely limiting a great PC feature to nearly 100% of it's users.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
MCSFT is playing. They want to bring all their products to android and ios first.
I am WP user and that is not cool. Anyway MCSFT products should be best on WP and W OSs.

If Cortana goes to Android or iOS I am leaving WP.
Save yourself some time.

Leave now.

It's going to happen, it always was going to happen, and it makes perfect sense.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Save yourself some time.

Leave now.

It's going to happen, it always was going to happen, and it makes perfect sense.

And I would suggest that he goes to iOS, since Google allows there services on multiple platforms as well, which totally means they are doomed as well.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Rest assured, however, that Cortana on Android, and particularly iOS, won't be the same as it is on Windows phones because of their lack of access to core OS features.

Does anyone actually know this for sure or is this some tale people are telling themselves to feel better? If Microsoft is putting their services on all platforms I believe they will put the best version they can so I doubt the ios or android version will be any way inferior for any reason and in fact will likely be the superior version.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone actually know this for sure or is this some tale people are telling themselves to feel better? If Microsoft is putting their services on all platforms I believe they will put the best version they can so I doubt the ios or android version will be any way inferior for any reason and in fact will likely be the superior version.

I don't see Cortana being a big draw for Android users even if it is full featured. Android has Google Now which is roughly equal. However, Cortana could certainly be attractive to iOS users since Siri is quite limited in capabilities.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't see Cortana being a big draw for Android users even if it is full featured. Android has Google Now which is roughly equal. However, Cortana could certainly be attractive to iOS users since Siri is quite limited in capabilities.

^This.

Compared to Cortana, Siri is a joke. If MS could successfully get Cortana integrated into iOS, the iPhone would be the perfect smartphone to run all of Microsoft's apps and services. Add Spartan, and It would crush Windows Phone.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Who knows but I think this notion that Windows will somehow have a better experience is completely misplaced, so far it hasn't been the case so no reason it will start with cortana.

If MS could successfully get Cortana integrated into iOS, the iPhone would be the perfect smartphone to run all of Microsoft's apps and services. Add Spartan, and It would crush Windows Phone.

Too late, I think its done that already! :cool:

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: cortana coming to other platforms

I dont think this will be a big thing as long as MS brings a stunning WP flagship soon with highest specs possible in the smartphone history.they should bring next flagship in Surface series called surface phones.(Click here to see details http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-concepts-dream-devices/345796-surface-phone-windows-10-true-flagship.html#post3023909).once such a flagship phone is released with win10 mobile,sure no one will bother about cortana in other OS,every one will come to WP for its elegant OS and worlds best hardware.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

It's not up to Microsoft to access the course OS of iOS.
You think Apple will allow full access to Cortana? No one would have any reason to use Siri then.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Come on I am still waiting for it to come to this platform. I speak English my phone ( Nokia 620) is set up for English UK but because I live in Germany
Cortana says she does not speak my language WTF How much longer do I have to wait?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077