Do apps work better and faster in Android than Windows Phone?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Its probably cause I don't use my 635 much, but I've actually noticed it's smoother than my 1020, which shouldn't be the case. I'll have to reset my 1020 soon, anyways. Guess ill know better than.

Im almost wondering if WP has a "lite" version on these 512MB RAM devices.

Last edited:

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Its probably cause I don't use my 635 much, but I've actually noticed it's smoother than my 1020, which should be the case. I'll have to reset my 1020 soon, anyways. Guess ill know better than.

Im almost wondering if WP has a "lite" version on these 512MB RAM devices.

Or maybe, it is because of the quad core CPU?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Or maybe, it is because of the quad core CPU?
You probably don't know much about processor architectures? Just like higher MP count doesn't always mean better cameras higher cores also never mean better processors.
The architecture of SD 400 phones(Cortex A7) is much inferior to Krait so despite being dual core the 10209 CPU is more powrful and even the GPU adreno 305 can at max only match the 225 .

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
You probably don't know much about processor architectures? Just like higher MP count doesn't always mean better cameras higher cores also never mean better processors.

The architecture of SD 400 phones(Cortex A7) is much inferior to Krait so despite being dual core the 10209 CPU is more powrful and even the GPU adreno 305 can at max only match the 225 .

Yes.. I know these things. But I think 8.1 is more optimized for those new quad core processors. It's just a conclusion after observing how 730 is smoother than my 920, and how 530 is smoother than the 520.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes.. I know these things. But I think 8.1 is more optimized for those new quad core processors. It's just a conclusion after observing how 730 is smoother than my 920, and how 530 is smoother than the 520.
True, optimization could be causing it. But we also don't know how much faster the new internal storage modules or RAM is compared older models so maybe even that could be the reason behind it.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
True, optimization could be causing it. But we also don't know how much faster the new internal storage modules or RAM is compared older models so maybe even that could be the reason behind it.

RAM on 920 is dual channel as opposed to single channel on 730 or 830.

Roach26

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I would say yes for the most part. I personally like the OneDrive app on Android than on WP. I like the UI and the layout...

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion the only thing that really matters is how your most frequently used apps work on different systems. For example WhatsApp was my main messaging app on Android and it still is on WP and I can say it's way slower and it lacks features. And that's with the current version. Back to 2012 and it was a complete disaster, unreliable (like all notifications on Wp back at that time) and basic to say the least. Don't know if it is because of the developers not putting too much effort in an OS with a small market share or because of system's restrictions. I'd say a bit of both but that's not important, the end result is still an inferior experience compared to the competition. The good thing I can say about WP is that after two years and a half my device (920) is still pretty responsive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786