Why aren't my system metro apps working?

ABM Prottoy

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: System metro apps not working help!!

You should update to 8.1(.1). I don't think it will break your apps again. I never restored my PC so it's unclear for me how to recover that 25 GB. Try finding a folder named "Windows.old" in the OS drive. If it exists then delete it. If it doesn't then I don't know further. (my English isn't that good. Sorry for that)

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

You should update to 8.1(.1). I don't think it will break your apps again. I never restored my PC so it's unclear for me how to recover that 25 GB. Try finding a folder named "Windows.old" in the OS drive. If it exists then delete it. If it doesn't then I don't know further. (my English isn't that good. Sorry for that)

There was a Windows.old folder deleted it got 77gb free space. Now that my metro apps are working should I upgrade again to Windows 8.1. Will my metro apps work like they work now in Windows 8. Also is there any ISO file available for updating to Windows 8.1 from 8?

ABM Prottoy

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

There was a Windows.old folder deleted it got 77gb free space. Now that my metro apps are working should I upgrade again to Windows 8.1. Will my metro apps work like they work now in Windows 8. Also is there any ISO file available for updating to Windows 8.1 from 8?

If they are working fine then you may proceed to the update. It will not break anything and everything will work fine too. Moreover you'll get some extra features (store ui update, taskbar on start, title bar on metro apps, pin metro apps to the taskbar, task manager update etc etc. There are more...Oh,and these are the features of spring update to the 8.1. Win 8.1 has other features which I think you are already familiar with.) I've updated through Windows update. As far as I know Windows updates are packed in .msu files not in .iso. I'm not sure if there is any .msu (Standalone Update Installer) file for the Windows 8 - 8.1 update. I recommend to use Windows Update from the Control Panel to complete the updating process.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Did you by any chance use some system tuneup utility of any sorts? If so stay away from them. Forever. They cause more harm than they would ever be able to "fix".

Also, renaming your user account or messing with your profile path can cause this sort of behavior as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb