Why is my Xbox music app showing the same album cover on all songs?

Foned

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Xbox music app showing same album cover on all songs

I just bought my first Windows phone. So far so good, except for the music player. It displays the same album cover for every single one of my mp3s, despite them all being properly tagged. Why is it doing this and what can I do to solve it?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Xbox music app showing same album cover on all songs

The music library on the PC makes you think you have album art. This is done with PC software and the album art is not actually embedded in the mp3 tag.
Copy a few songs to a folder outside of your music library, just individual songs, not a folder.. Open that folder in widows explorer and select a large icon view. Do you have album art, different for each?

Find a piece of PC software that will actually embed the cover art in the IDv3 tag.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

I use mp3tag and its excellent! Never have issues with that anymore.

The music library on the PC makes you think you have album art. This is done with PC software and the album art is not actually embedded in the mp3 tag.
Copy a few songs to a folder outside of your music library, just individual songs, not a folder.. Open that folder in widows explorer and select a large icon view. Do you have album art, different for each?

Find a piece of PC software that will actually embed the cover art in the IDv3 tag.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

I actually have the same problem. If I make a mixed album with different songs it will always only show one album cover instead of the album cover for the individual songs. I hope Microsoft will fix this in the future.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

I must ask, what firmware is your phones running? When I had a 1520 on cyan I had the issue but once I got my 830 on denim it was fine. I then noticed when my 1520 was upgraded to denim, the issue resolved itself.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Okay did you already have the music on an SD then put it in your Lumia or did you format the SD first and add it with the windows app? I've noticed sometimes it gets wonkers if added directly from an SD formatted for some other device. Usually reformatting it and adding the stuff fixes it. Also try downloads MixRadio and see if your music is correct on there, if so just leave Xbox music open and let it repopulate and update your files. For whatever reason closes it stops everything.

I'm using a 735, so I'm on denim.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

XBM has major functional issues. One of them being that it disregards correct tags/art. Check your files are actually tagged correctly - the earlier-mentioned mp3tag is excellent for that. If you browse to the location of your music on your phone when it's connected to a PC and change the View options to display hidden folders you may find "Artist", "Album", "Album Art" and some others. That seems to be where XBM is caching its chosen data. Deleting them and allowing XBM to re-create them (assuming the files are correctly tagged) may force it to display correct info.
Personally though, I'd buy a different music device or use another app (Modern Music is one that actually uses the correct tags).

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

I also noticed that even when you do have the correct art tagged and add your music, it doesn't show the art at all. I left the app open and about ten minutes later it finally updated and shows it all correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven