Why do we keep hearing about apps being retired ?

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I mean has windows phone started dying all the sudden or has Microsoft abandoned it or anything . It's still growing , yeah the growth is stuttering , but that's the whole smartphone market . I mean Samsung is declining right now ( before the release of the s6 ) . Can someone give us a convincing reason ?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It's nothing with Microsoft abandoning it. Win 10 is a huge step towards integration. They wouldn't just abandon all they've worked towards. Mobile is in their future whether they like it or not

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the main reason we're hearing about apps being retired is due to the smaller number of apps available.

I'm sure there are many Android and iOS apps that were also retired, but AndroidCentral and iMore do not tend to publish many articles about that.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
WP is the future......its growing (slowly). There seems to be to much doom and gloom here over something so small. When you by a phone... Majority of people don't look a forums to moan because a few apps are not here. I'm sure Android and IOS will be the same....its just they have more crap apps

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion for many users on all platforms apps are becoming unimportant.

Been keeping an eye on the apps I actually use and enjoy.
It's not that many and personally I'm getting very weary of the app battle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs