I have a Motorola Droid Maxx, can I put windows 8.1 on it or do I need to go back to the store to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenda Harris

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a motorola froid maxx can I put windows 8.1 on it or do I need to go back to the store to get

I have a droid maxx smart phone can I get windows 8.1 on it. Can i do it myself or do I need to take the phone back to verizon to get it done then vsn I put cortana on it?

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: I have a motorola froid maxx can I put windows 8.1 on it or do I need to go back to the store to

Droid maxx does not run windows at all. You need to return it and purchase a windows phone to use Cortana.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: I have a motorola froid maxx can I put windows 8.1 on it or do I need to go back to the store to

Only phones designed to run WP run the OS... You can't put WP OS in any android. I could be wrong but I have never see it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Only phones designed to run WP run the OS... You can't put WP OS in any android. I could be wrong but I have never see it.

The HTC HD2 is a mystical phone, shipping with Windows Mobile 6.5, that beast of a phone has seen Windows Phone 7, countless Android versions and ROMs, Firefox OS, and even WP8, albeit not in any for-public-use state last time I checked.

But that is the rare exception. Even to the best of our knowledge we cannot currently flash the nearly, if not completely identical HTC One M8 for Windows to Android and vice versa.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
and this is the biggest fail ever lol why Microsoft doesn't let wp's roms flood the internetz, so everyone with a crappy slow droid begging for a decent experience can try wp by simply downloading and flashing it

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
and this is the biggest fail ever lol why Microsoft doesn't let wp's roms flood the internetz, so everyone with a crappy slow droid begging for a decent experience can try wp by simply downloading and flashing it

because the technical limitations are huge ranging from the sheer number of devices and combinations to the lack of access to drivers to...
and it could potentially run even worse.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I believe that
1. targets the Mi4 as of now.
2. Does not appear to actually be Windows 10.

[FONT=open_sansregular]This is a ROM, based on Windows, that operates much like software from Cyanogen[/FONT]

[FONT=open_sansregular]The ROM is thus designed to go beyond Microsoft's Android apps and offer a native-like Windows experience on Android phones.[/FONT]

Now of course I have to backpedal a bit. Its an interesting move.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

I believe that
1. targets the Mi4 as of now.
2. Does not appear to actually be Windows 10.

Now of course I have to backpedal a bit. Its an interesting move.

Either way, 2015 seems to be an interesting year for Windows 10 and the moves Microsoft is making, let's see how it pans out, and hopefully its for the better.

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Cortana should be heading for Android (and IOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss