Where could the MP3 Ringtones be that I transferred from my PC to my Nokia Lumia 1320?

dal010101

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded several MP3 Ringtones from Zedge.com. I transferred them directly from my PC to the Rintone folder in my Nokia Lumina 1320 but when I open a contacts folder to edit and select their specific ringtone, none of the ones I moved into this folder show up. Anyone have any idea as to why? They are MP3, under 40 seconds, not protected.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Where could the MP3 Ringtones be that I transferred from my PC to my Nokia Lumina 1320?

Download the Files app (by Microsoft) and check if you can find them :)

dal010101

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Where could the MP3 Ringtones be that I transferred from my PC to my Nokia Lumina 1320?

It shows up in Files but I still can not assign it to contacts. Under contacts/ringtones, it doesn't come up. Also, when I open Files, the standard ringtones are not in that folder, just the one that I transferred from my PC. There is something I'm missing here as to why it's not being made available along side the other ringtones.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Try moving them to the music folder or create a ringtones folder? Doubt that will work, but we can just try everything right? lol

Another way to approach this:

- upload a ringtone to onedrive and download it from there (doubt that will help)

- create a zip file with all the ringtones, download an unzipper from the store, add the zip file to the phone and unzip it

- create custom tones from songs with the ringtone maker app that comes with the phone

dal010101

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, I'll try creating a new folder for the Ringtones and try to include the ones that came on the phone then move it en mass to a new ringtone folder in the phone.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Keep us posted :)

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

If you can play on your phone, it isn't protected with digital rights management (DRM), and it's smaller than 30 MB, then you can use it as a ringtone on your phone.
It has to come from the PC, not the phone, not OneDrive, not a zip file. The ringtone folder in phone memory, not one you created on an SD card, not one you created anywhere.

Put the ringtones in the music folder to see if they will play on the phone, do they play on the PC.
You do not have access to the native ringtones on the phone. They are part of the system.
When you select a ringtone for a contact it will be in the custom folder, not listed with the other ringtones.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Im pretty sure you can create a ringtone with the ringtone maker and it will pop up in the "custom" section

dal010101

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

Ok great. I'll check all that out. When I went in to assign the ringtone to a contact there was not an option for a custom folder. I'll go back in and do everything from scratch and see what happens. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos