Where does windows phone store the apps?

Tim Akgayev

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I downloaded an app called wpTorrent, and I downloaded a file with it, however I can't find where the download directory is. The app says it's download directory is in it's install directory, but where does windows phone put the apps. I even plugged into my comp and did a search it didn't find anything! I have to upload to OneDrive and the download again to find files, someone please help. Ps. It's not in the Download folder in the root.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Apps folder
X:\WPSystem\Apps

Install folder
X:\WPSystem\Apps\{appID}\Install

Torrent file
X:\WPSystem\Apps\{c8ba596f-95ca-4b64-bece-cce498d891d2}\Install\

Tim Akgayev

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Travis thank you, that's a start but wpsystem is not showing up in either explorer or on the phone. Is it hidden by default? Also I'd like to move files on the phone instead of connecting to comp everytime what file manager will let me see that folder?

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Travis thank you, that's a start but wpsystem is not showing up in either explorer or on the phone. Is it hidden by default? Also I'd like to move files on the phone instead of connecting to comp everytime what file manager will let me see that folder?

Use card reader...if u connected memory card using ur phone...then that folder is hidden by the windows phone

spch

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

Ok you don't need to do all that, I just tested that app.

To get the file in SD card from inside the app do the following.

1. Open wptorrent, tap on "FILES" icon in bottom
2. Swipe to open File Hub
3. Tap on "NEW FOLDER"
4. Browse To SD Card / Phone folder
5. Tap on the folder where you want to move your downloaded file to
6. OK it by ✓ Right sign
7. Now Go back to Local Files TAP AND HOLD on the downloaded file. PRESS COPY (DO NOT PRESS CUT) (There's seems to be a bug there)
8. Now go to file hub and then to your added folder and PASTE.
9. Wait a bit and it'll be there.

Alternative Option
1. Tap on HTTP share.
2. Open 192.168.0.101 in your PC/Device browser.
3. Download the file.

There's also upload to onedrive if you want that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes