Twitter rotates pictures 90 degrees right when taken in vertical mode

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The title pretty much says it all. When I take a picture in vertical mode and then try to post it using the Twitter app, it rotates the picture 90 degrees to the right. It also does this when trying to post the picture with Multishare.

However, if the picture is taken in horizontal mode and I tweet it, the picture is not rotated.

Facebook does not have this issue.

Anyone had this problem that can help me? Super annoying.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The title pretty much says it all. When I take a picture in vertical mode and then try to post it using the Twitter app, it rotates the picture 90 degrees to the right. It also does this when trying to post the picture with Multishare.

However, if the picture is taken in horizontal mode and I tweet it, the picture is not rotated.

Facebook does not have this issue.

Anyone had this problem that can help me? Super annoying.

Did you take the pictures with the Lumia Camera 5?
Because the Lumia camera 5 has a known bug that does this 90 degree turn in some cases.

Erik Walther

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I just switched to the Microsoft camera and it has the same issue as the Lumia camera. However, they are flipping left now. This didn't happen though before upgrading to WP8.1 and weird that it only happens with Twitter and not Facebook. Any known fixes coming?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Well I just switched to the Microsoft camera and it has the same issue as the Lumia camera. However, they are flipping left now. This didn't happen though before upgrading to WP8.1 and weird that it only happens with Twitter and not Facebook. Any known fixes coming?

And what happens if you use Lumia Camera Classic? Lumia Camera Classic | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
We got report from people that the Lumia Camera Classic does not have this problem. So please check.
This rotation "bug" must be known by Microsoft but until now they did not fix it.

But for the time being you could "anti"-rotate the picture on your phone and then attach it. So if the app still does the rotation your photo will have the rotation you want. I know this is not the way but at least it can be done)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb