New way to save PDF attachment on WP 8.1

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I found that if you get an email with a PDF as an attachment, you can save it to your phone by using outlook.com in Internet Explorer.

When you see the email with the PDF in the mail app, open IE and go to outlook.com and sign in.

Tap the PDF attachment in the email and select "download", "save" and the PDF will go to your download folder on the phone.

Find it with the Files app and you can view it with the Reader or upload it using the OneDrive app.

I just found this out tonight and I thought I would share if anyone else didn't know about it.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I found that if you get an email with a PDF as an attachment, you can save it to your phone by using outlook.com in Internet Explorer.

When you see the email with the PDF in the mail app, open IE and go to outlook.com and sign in.

Tap the PDF attachment in the email and select "download", "save" and the PDF will go to your download folder on the phone.

Find it with the Files app and you can view it with the Reader or upload it using the OneDrive app.

I just found this out tonight and I thought I would share if anyone else didn't know about it.
Thanxx for sharing this

Li_meme_ca

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

I don't understand how it works. Isn't my outlook open by default? how else would I open the email in the first place?
It get no option to save; in fact, a blacked out screen appears with a "save" and a "cancel download" option but they are inactive.

Lumia Screenshot.jpg

Can you explain a bit further? Thanks.

joysonjoy95

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Better download aerize explorer...
When you tap the attached pdf file, it would ask "open with" and your pdf app.
Tap aerize explorer.
After that open aerize explorer from all apps. You can see "Incoming" folder where you can see the attachment file. Just to any folder you wish. Hope this helps.
And sorry for my english

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans