How to sort results in map search by distance?

fonewbie

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
how to sort results in map search by distance?

say I'm searching for mcdonald, it is possible to have the results sorted by distance from the closest one to the farthest one?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to sort results in map search by distance?

Assuming you mean in the Here app it does that automatically.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Bing search or Cortana would also do this thing... Ask and the top result would be a map with locations marked. They would be ordered by Flag Number nearest (1) to farthest (10 or whatever).

You could then tap the map showing in results to open it in Maps App.

fonewbie

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

sorry if i wast't being clear, but i was using the Maps App and noticed that it doesn't sort by anything. It appears that the sequence of results was completely random,

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
sorry if i wast't being clear, but i was using the Maps App and noticed that it doesn't sort by anything. It appears that the sequence of results was completely random,

Indeed if I use MAPS on my phone and search for McDonald it shows 10 locations but number 4 is the nearest. So the numbering look indeed random.
If I use HERE MAPS it only shows the one, nearest to my position, on the map and the other locations are in a list under the map sorted on distance.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I said, "Hey Cortana, where is McDonlad's?"

Here is what she showed me...

wp_ss_20150322_0002.jpg

I scrolled down the list... They are all listed nearest to farthest. Tapping an entry opens a detailed about. From there I can get directions (in Maps) and from there start nav (in Here Drive+ default nav).

I apologize to foreign viewers for the sheer piggyness of living in the USA and having 10 McDonald's within 4 miles of my house. It disturbs me too...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss