"Why Split it up?"- Friend's first time seeing Windows 8 and why Win10 has to be perfect

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just had to tease my friend a little bit. We were discussing on my forum and this shocked me.... But apparently, after like 3-4 years, there are still some people my age(early 20s) who have no idea what Windows 8/8.1 is

I was having a debate with another friend/member of my forum about tablets and the surface Pro 3(I consider it more of a laptop with tablet aspects...he flat out calls it a tablet). I posted a picture of the surface pro 3 and my other friend Jumps in and this is what was said

zwELtHu.png
fid1WJa.png

Goodness I really Hope Microsoft does a better time educating users who are not us on sites like WC on what Windows 10 is like because while I can and do sell Windows products for my job(yay), this is not the first time I've heard this from someone and I think I am truly beginning to see why Windows 8 did not take off very well.

Like he said "Why split it up?"--- Which sounds like the thoughts of many inexperienced with Windows 8/8.1

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Why Split it up?"- Friend's first time seeing Windows 8 and why Win10 has to be perfect

The friend is undoubtably used to icons pinned to the desktop. In this case "icons" actually tiles are "pinned" to a screen that's not the desktop and you cannot see the desktop when it is open, for some that is an insurmountable learning curve.

With Windows 10, you'll have tiles pinned to the start menu with a partial desktop visible behind it - or other visual cues such as being able to see the desktop through an opaque but not solid start screen, so that may help. But still, people who hate when anything changes are still going to have the same problem no matter what you do.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Why Split it up?"- Friend's first time seeing Windows 8 and why Win10 has to be perfect

Split? Well, you're making an OS with the goal of being much more touch friendly.
But wait, you have to maintain compatibility with legacy software and can't lose the desktop as it is!

You have limited time, resources, etc. What can you do?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Split? Well, you're making an OS with the goal of being much more touch friendly.
But wait, you have to maintain compatibility with legacy software and can't lose the desktop as it is!

You have limited time, resources, etc. What can you do?

This is someone who is apparently going to be on Windows 7 forever...like those windows XP users are presently :D
Me, I cant wait for Windows 10.

I was legit shocked because I thought they were joking when they didn't know what Windows 8 was/looked like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)