Facebook birthdays in calendar?

iamstevie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Hoping someone could help with a question, which I am finding mixed responses to (I do not have WP to test this out!).

If you connect People Hub to Facebook (i.e. to see status updates etc), is it possible to prevent adding the contacts to your birthday calendar? And, is the functionality the same between WP8.1 and WP10?

What I am hoping is:

• The birthday calendar (linked to contacts in my personal address book) remains
  • Facebook contacts' birthdays do not appear in this calendar
  • People Hub / Groups continues to show status updates etc from FB contacts

I have had this problem in my web Outlook.com account and Windows 8.1 laptop. When linking Outlook.com to my Facebook account (so I can get their contact details in my address book), my birthday calendar becomes inundated with random FB contact birthdays, rendering it useless. I subsequently had to disconnect Facebook, which also meant not getting the full benefits of the Win8.1 People Hub.

Many thanks!:smile:

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

Hoping someone could help with a question, which I am finding mixed responses to (I do not have WP to test this out!).

If you connect People Hub to Facebook (i.e. to see status updates etc), is it possible to prevent adding the contacts to your birthday calendar? And, is the functionality the same between WP8.1 and WP10?

What I am hoping is:

• The birthday calendar (linked to contacts in my personal address book) remains
  • Facebook contacts' birthdays do not appear in this calendar
  • People Hub / Groups continues to show status updates etc from FB contacts

I have had this problem in my web Outlook.com account and Windows 8.1 laptop. When linking Outlook.com to my Facebook account (so I can get their contact details in my address book), my birthday calendar becomes inundated with random FB contact birthdays, rendering it useless. I subsequently had to disconnect Facebook, which also meant not getting the full benefits of the Win8.1 People Hub.

Many thanks!:smile:

First login the fb app and sync contacts to your phone.It will sync the calendar too.Later unsync it,your freind's birthdays still remain

iamstevie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
First login the fb app and sync contacts to your phone.It will sync the calendar too.Later unsync it,your freind's birthdays still remain

Thank you!

So to confirm, even though you are syncing FB contacts, their birthday will not appear in the Birthday's calendar? Just ask because (on Outlook.com at least) the Birthday calendar pulls the dates automatically from Contact data, rather the Facebook Calendar data.

Thanks again!

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Thank you!

So to confirm, even though you are syncing FB contacts, their birthday will not appear in the Birthday's calendar? Just ask because (on Outlook.com at least) the Birthday calendar pulls the dates automatically from Contact data, rather the Facebook Calendar data.

Thanks again!

The other way actually.Contacts wont be synced but birthdays will

iamstevie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
R u wanting the contacts to remain without birthday remainders from facebook?

Yes - much simpler way of putting it!

I want my personal contacts (for whom I physically enter Birth dates into their contact info) to appear in the Birthdays Calendar. I do not want birthday reminders for any contacts from linked accounts (e.g. FB).

But equally - I still want to see their FB status updates, photos etc in People Hub.

Last edited:

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a related question. I don't mind seeing the Facebook birthdays in my calendar even though they also appear in my Outlook calendar due to linking the accounts.

I have unchecked the Facebook birthday calendar in my phone due to the following issue. Any time there is a Facebook birthday, I receive a task notification at noon the day before the birthday with an option to dismiss or snooze the alert. I've first noticed this issue last year when I installed the Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers. The issue remains through several updates.

I have figured out how to turn off birthday notifications from the calendar online at calendar.live.com, but I don't know how to manipulate the notifications from the Facebook calendar. I also get toast notifications from the Facebook app itself, but I just want to make it clear that I'm only referring to the task notifications

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos