Why is it taking forever to show an update on the Lumia 630?

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I tried to check for updates on the Lumia 630 and it shows 'Checking for updates'.It takes forever and doesnt show anything,just the same 'Checking for updates' text on the screen.I tried the same with my Lumia 730 and it seems to be working fine.

Lumia 630
Windows Phone 8.1 - Cyan
OS Version : 8.10.12359.845

Latest update should be Lumia Denim
OS Version : 8.10.14234.375

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150328_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150328_0001.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 2

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried to check for updates on the Lumia 630 and it shows 'Checking for updates'.It takes forever and doesnt show anything,just the same 'Checking for updates' text on the screen.I tried the same with my Lumia 730 and it seems to be working fine.

Lumia 630
Windows Phone 8.1 - Cyan
OS Version : 8.10.12359.845

Latest update should be Lumia Denim
OS Version : 8.10.14234.375

Generally, the "checking for updates" process will be faster if your phone is connected to a faster and more stable internet connection. Make sure that you're connected to WiFi while checking for updates.

On the other hand, this "delay" could be a positive sign that the update will soon be released to your phone. I've experienced this delay a few weeks before the update is released to my phone, possibly caused by a database cross checking process that identifies your device if it is already eligible to receive the update.

StormRun

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I use a stable,fast wifi connection and i checked Microsoft's site and it shows that the update is available to all phones in my region.The latest denim update could take a while to reach me but the previous updates should be available.Moreover,the phone doesnt even give any notification that the phone version is up to date or if it encountered an error or something.Its just indefinitely stuck on the Checking for update mesage.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I use a stable,fast wifi connection and i checked Microsoft's site and it shows that the update is available to all phones in my region.The latest denim update could take a while to reach me but the previous updates should be available.Moreover,the phone doesnt even give any notification that the phone version is up to date or if it encountered an error or something.Its just indefinitely stuck on the Checking for update mesage.

How long did you wait for the "checking for update message" to change? I waited as long as around 15 minutes once, only to be told that my phone is up to date even if the web page says otherwise.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
i waited for two hours today.Tried last week,checked for an hour,no change.

That's too long. I suggest not worrying about it too much. Since the update is listed to be available for your country already, it should only be a matter of time before it arrives. Stay tuned to Windows Central for the latest updates - articles are regularly posted regarding the availability and release of updates based on real information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea