MS-caused Netflix Q8156-887A0004 for 102 days and counting! A record in the making?

mayblast

May 10, 2014
Visit site
On some Lumia devices, the Netflix app has been broken for over one hundred days. And counting. Good times?

The infamous Q8156-887A0004 simply does not go away. I've chatted with Netflix customer service and they are adamant this is Microsoft-caused issue and that "they are working on it right now" (I've heard that same for two months now).

Netflix does not offer refund or free months because "the account is not completely unuseable". And because it is Microsoft's fault.

This is getting ridiculous to say the least. Has anyone ever gotten any help from MS support?

This is one of those cases where a paying customer is left out in the cold, playing catch with two major companies, of which the other is notorious of not giving a **** of a single user's grieves and issues. Is this even legal, especially in the UK which apparently is the main attraction for said error code?

Is there anything a person can do to get help for this issue? Outside of trying to make some ripples on water with single tweets and stuff, I can not see what I am able to do to make MS to release a fix. And I trust MS does not give a **** about their customer's because they can use Netflix as their shield (the app is released by Netflix, but as Netflix rep said to me, "the apps are created by the device manufacturer, in this case, microsoft, we only provide the servers.")

How can people trust in the quality of Win10 when it takes them three and half months, and counting, to fix a simple issue such as this? It is the little stuff like this that really shows whether a company shines or is a crap. They will spend millions advertising Win10, while they could spend a day to fix the issue for their customers. Where's the logic in that?

I am honestly surprised that windowscentral.com, wmpoweruser.com and such sites have not raised "official" questions of this issue yet. No articles no nothing, as if they too are trying to hush down the issue.

The issue is even worse as people pay ?6+ per month for a service that MS has apparently washed their hands off. This is not a free-from-money issue, not according to my bank account.

Only thing I can do is post my bad feelings in forums and tag them with keywords such as #Lumia #Microsoft #Netflix etc. But is my voice heard? I sincerely bet not. So in the end I also need to diss windowscentral.com, wmpoweruser.com and other sites that close their eyes from this neverending issue.

102 days for the love of god! In Microsoft's books this is absolutely nothing, but for a single user, this is going to be a record of bad bad bad user experience. Makes Android devices and iOS look mighty attractive because their user base is so large that companies can not afford to close their eyes from issues.

Opinions, please. I beg for replies, please direct me to someone who can take an official complaint about this bug. Post even a simple "hi" if nothing else, I really hope this issue finally gets some attention.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
On some Lumia devices, the Netflix app has been broken for over one hundred days. And counting. Good times?

The infamous Q8156-887A0004 simply does not go away. I've chatted with Netflix customer service and they are adamant this is Microsoft-caused issue and that "they are working on it right now" (I've heard that same for two months now).

Netflix does not offer refund or free months because "the account is not completely unuseable". And because it is Microsoft's fault.

This is getting ridiculous to say the least. Has anyone ever gotten any help from MS support?

This is one of those cases where a paying customer is left out in the cold, playing catch with two major companies, of which the other is notorious of not giving a **** of a single user's grieves and issues. Is this even legal, especially in the UK which apparently is the main attraction for said error code?

Is there anything a person can do to get help for this issue? Outside of trying to make some ripples on water with single tweets and stuff, I can not see what I am able to do to make MS to release a fix. And I trust MS does not give a **** about their customer's because they can use Netflix as their shield (the app is released by Netflix, but as Netflix rep said to me, "the apps are created by the device manufacturer, in this case, microsoft, we only provide the servers.")

How can people trust in the quality of Win10 when it takes them three and half months, and counting, to fix a simple issue such as this? It is the little stuff like this that really shows whether a company shines or is a crap. They will spend millions advertising Win10, while they could spend a day to fix the issue for their customers. Where's the logic in that?

I am honestly surprised that windowscentral.com, wmpoweruser.com and such sites have not raised "official" questions of this issue yet. No articles no nothing, as if they too are trying to hush down the issue.

The issue is even worse as people pay ?6+ per month for a service that MS has apparently washed their hands off. This is not a free-from-money issue, not according to my bank account.

Only thing I can do is post my bad feelings in forums and tag them with keywords such as #Lumia #Microsoft #Netflix etc. But is my voice heard? I sincerely bet not. So in the end I also need to diss windowscentral.com, wmpoweruser.com and other sites that close their eyes from this neverending issue.

102 days for the love of god! In Microsoft's books this is absolutely nothing, but for a single user, this is going to be a record of bad bad bad user experience. Makes Android devices and iOS look mighty attractive because their user base is so large that companies can not afford to close their eyes from issues.

Opinions, please. I beg for replies, please direct me to someone who can take an official complaint about this bug. Post even a simple "hi" if nothing else, I really hope this issue finally gets some attention.
f you get the error code Q8156-887A0004 while watching on your Windows phone, it typically points to some information on the device that may be corrupted. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.

Reset your phone

Hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons on the phone.
Once the phone is off, turn it back on.
Try Netflix again.
If Netflix still does not work, please note that Microsoft will soon be sending out an update that should resolve this error.

Found this from netflix.Ask them for a refund until they give you one

mayblast

May 10, 2014
Visit site
No hard reset does nothing, and as I stated above, they have said "MS soon sending out an update" for two months now. I trust "soon" is for international corporate "soon", not an individual consumer "soon". The Netflix is practically useless to me because I have bought that nonsense of "soon". They are really pushing the term of "soon" here.

I've chatted with Netflix support three times now and there is no refund to come. This is clearly an in-house decision, because they consider it to be issue that MS has caused. An individual only has so much leverage and clearly in this instance, not enough to make any sort of change to the issue at hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)