Why is my auto correct and word suggestion so terrible?

Osvaldas Anusaitis

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Auto correct and word suggestion issues.

Hello everyone,

I have Lumia 1520. It is just over 12 months old and was working fine until recently.

After the last update it would restart and sometimes the freeze on me. Apps would crash, other little issues - no big ones.

So I did a backup and a factory reset to the new update.

Now I have major issues with my txting and typing. The auto correct has gone crazy.

This is what it changes the words to:
There > Three
Hunger > hunter
Sick > suck
Any verb ending in 'ed' is changed to a different tense: ie. confused > confuse
Drink > drunk

It is not that I type the word wrong and then it corrects it, it changes the actual word and then if i tap on the word, the suggestion comes up to my original word.

It also does not suggest the word at the top when i type, so if i do ther, it comes up with three. I have never ever type three on this phone as i use numbers instead of words..so I have no idea how it has learned it.

I thought the phone just hasnt learned the common words that I type, but it has been 2.5 weeks now, and it correct every 3rd word with something random even after me repeatedly typing the same word.. is there something I am missing??

Here are my phone settings:
Keyboard: english
Language: english (australia)
Region: Australia, English (australia)

I can disable the suggested text and correction, but I do like to use those features. It just started happening after the factory reset.

I nearly threw the phone into the wall this morning cos I had to retype the message 4 times and correct almost every word..

:( :( :eck:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Auto correct and word suggestion issues.

Did you already try to "reset suggestions".
Got to SETTINDS > KEYBOARD > advanced > reset suggestions
By the way if you see a word like +drunk so a + sign in front of the word and you tap it then you add it to the "suggestions"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos