How can I re-pin my Calendar to my Start Page?

AaLF

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Unhinged fromStart Page

I carelessly unpinned my Calendar (appointments) from the front screen. Unable to re-pin it - "Pin to Start" is faded out. Googling for a solution has not given me an answer except a 'reset'. And even then someone claimed the problem remains.

(Lumia 630)

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unhinged fromStart Page

I carelessly unpinned my Calendar (appointments) from the front screen. Unable to re-pin it - "Pin to Start" is faded out. Googling for a solution has not given me an answer except a 'reset'. And even then someone claimed the problem remains.

(Lumia 630)

update to denim and then reset

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

update to denim and then reset

Where does the OP say he is not already on Denim? Why rush to reset so much, jontyfernz? There needs to be troubleshooting before rushing to reset...

@ OP. Check that your Account the calendar is attached to will sync (you do not say if it is outlook, other, or merged from multiple accounts).

Settings > email + accounts > do any state they need attention? > if not, hold each name down until the popup appears and select "sync" to test the account validity/connection. Tap each name to see if Calendar is marked to sync.

If the issue continues please reply below.

AaLF

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

I'm new to windows fone. I have a pre-conceived notion a term like "reset' equates to 're-format' - meaning all my hard work & settings etc will be kaput & I'll have to start over from 'empty' + factory settings - No??

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm new to windows fone. I have a pre-conceived notion a term like "reset' equates to 're-format' - meaning all my hard work & settings etc will be kaput & I'll have to start over from 'empty' + factory settings - No??

Yes, a "reset" is usually meant to refer to a "reformat", but let's differentiate the two kinds of "reset". There's a "soft reset" that has the same effect as pressing the reset button in your PC, or removing the battery from a phone. This does not erase all your personal data from your phone, and it is done by pressing the volume down and power buttons together until your phone reboots.

The other one is a "hard reset" - this one basically erases all your personal and custom information from your phone.

At this point, however, there is no need for a hard reset.:cool:

I have intentionally unpinned my Calendar (the default, native app), but I am able to re-pin it with no problems. You may go through the suggestions of RumoredNow to check if anything needs to be done in the settings. You could also just restart your phone and see if you could pin the calendar once your phone is back on. Restart = power off, then power on.

Let us know what happens.

P.S.
A (hard) reset, which is often suggested as an all-around solution for any device-related problem, works most of the time - no question about that. But in most cases, there are way better (and hassle-free) solutions than that.:angel:

AaLF

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
OK. So far a normal restart didn't help. Nor did the 'soft reboot'.

'Pin to start' is still faded out. Maybe it thinks the calendar is still pinned? I don't see it lurking in any folder though.

AaLF

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

Problem solved. User error. When I first got the phone I hated the in-house calendar & installed "simple calendar'. Filed under "S" for simple, like me, apparently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster