Apps won't dowload or move to SD

Martin Cihlar

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
So recently, I got my Lumia 630 back from a (hardware) repair, so I decided to restore my phone and reinstall all the apps. However, when I tried to download or move any apps on the SD... Surprise surprise, it doesn't work, no error message, no nothing. I even tried to format the SD card using the phone's built in app "Storage Sense". Anyone having the same issue or a solution? Thanks

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So recently, I got my Lumia 630 back from a (hardware) repair, so I decided to restore my phone and reinstall all the apps. However, when I tried to download or move any apps on the SD... Surprise surprise, it doesn't work, no error message, no nothing. I even tried to format the SD card using the phone's built in app "Storage Sense". Anyone having the same issue or a solution? Thanks

I suspect that you are experiencing the same problem I experienced just a week ago - a failing SD Card that has been automatically write-protected. There's a couple more ways to test this:
1. try installing a new app from the store (not a re-install) - you should see the app being downloaded but then it will stop in the middle of the "installing" segment and tell you that some "Attention is required". This will also be the case when you try updating any app.
2. Turn your phone off and then turn it on again. It should prompt you to scan your SD Card for problems. You can also try connecting your SD Card to your PC and then see if it prompts you to either format the SD Card or scan for errors.

If any of these are observed, you may need get a new SD Card.

BTW, welcome to Windows Central.

Martin Cihlar

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I suspect that you are experiencing the same problem I experienced just a week ago - a failing SD Card that has been automatically write-protected. There's a couple more ways to test this:
1. try installing a new app from the store (not a re-install) - you should see the app being downloaded but then it will stop in the middle of the "installing" segment and tell you that some "Attention is required". This will also be the case when you try updating any app.
2. Turn your phone off and then turn it on again. It should prompt you to scan your SD Card for problems. You can also try connecting your SD Card to your PC and then see if it prompts you to either format the SD Card or scan for errors.

If any of these are observed, you may need get a new SD Card.

BTW, welcome to Windows Central.

Thanks, it's always nice to have someone welcome you to a forum :3

I don't think it's that my SD card is failing because I can do everything with it except install apps. I tried installing a new app, the same thing happened. When I restarted the phone, I got no prompt to scan the SD card and I already mentioned that I formatted the card. Wanna know how I fixed this issue? I SET THE WHOLE GODDAMN PHONE BACK TO IT'S FACTORY SETTINGS! Yup, that's how I fixed the issue of apps not installing on my SD card (I tried to install some to my phone, it worked fine). This is the fourth time I'm setting this phone up. Man, I sometimes wonder why I even use WP... Then I look at the price tags of Apple devices and *gulp* ANDROID... Anyways, thanks for the help gpobernardo!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That is strange. It could have been anything (possibly a hardware incompatibility as a result of the repair), but at least it's resolved now.

You're welcome. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Martin Cihlar

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Welp, here we go again, same problem. I turn on my phone one day and the apps became unaccessable for some reason. So I uninstall them all and try to reinstall and the same problem occurs. And once again, I'd like to point out that every other file on the SD card is accessable and useable (for example my music).

Grav308

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my second SD card and I'm still having the same problem as described above by the original poster. I'm not having problems with any other file types. For some reason, it seems that the process of downloading an Xbox video simply ignores my Storage Sense settings (to save to SD) and attempts to download the file into my phone's memory (or at the very least, it is confusing the amount of memory space available on my SD card with that which is available on my phone).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre