Xbox Music not pulling down OneDrive Music Folder

Connor Evans

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
So I am having trouble figuring out why Xbox Music on my Lumia 830 can't seem to find the music stored in my OneDrive Music folder. The Music app on my Surface Pro can find the OneDrive music and plays it without problem. I can also use the Xbox Music web app on the Surface to play/find the music. If I open the OneDrive app on the phone I can play the tracks there but only one at a time, etc. I've followed the FAQs the MS published but they haven't worked. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible that you have 'Connect to streaming music' turned off in your app? Go to Music app, settings and turn it on. Also, make sure you have the tracks stored in the Music folder on your OneDrive.

Connor Evans

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Yup. Streaming is turned on and the songs are stored in the music folder on OneDrive. I also checked the version of Xbox Music I have on the Lumia and its up to date. That's what's got me confused. Everything looks to be good to go but it still doesn't load up. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
So I am having trouble figuring out why Xbox Music on my Lumia 830 can't seem to find the music stored in my OneDrive Music folder. The Music app on my Surface Pro can find the OneDrive music and plays it without problem. I can also use the Xbox Music web app on the Surface to play/find the music. If I open the OneDrive app on the phone I can play the tracks there but only one at a time, etc. I've followed the FAQs the MS published but they haven't worked. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I've got the same problem, except occasionally it works. Most of the time no! Frustrating.

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I had the same problem with one album. Checked the tag and saw the Album Artist field was empty. After I filled it, everything was fine.

You might want to check.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I had the same problem with one album. Checked the tag and saw the Album Artist field was empty. After I filled it, everything was fine.

You might want to check.
Thanks. I just don't understand why sometimes mine works, but most of the time no. Would that have anything to do with tags?

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I use the Mp3Tag program to manage them. Very easy and fast to use, you might want to try that to check your tags.

Connor Evans

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll definitely take a look at the tags...right now I'm not able to connect to Outlook becasue of what appears to be a server outage. I'll get that sorted out and then report back with how the tags go and if that solves the problems.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The music folder in OneDrive may need to be named using the region specific language. I remember seeing at least one thread on here where for example a previously created folder titled Music didn't work in a non-English native language country.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett