Looks like we loose MLB At Bat this year.

loudo

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had MLB "At Bat" on my Windows 8.1 phone for several years now. Today, opening day, I try to open it and all I get is the end of last year's information. When I go to the "At Bat" web site, I no longer see the Windows Phone app.

This is about the 3rd app that I use that has been dropped from the Windows phone, plus all of the other apps I would like that are only available on Android and iPhones, but not for Windows phones. Can't wait for my contract to be up, so I can change to Android or iPhone.

To bad because the Windows OS is so much better than the other two, but without the apps the phone is useless.

loudo

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
it was announced last week that MLB at Bat would not be updated.
there was also a post about alternative apps to track MLB.
see this article Top Windows Phone apps for keeping up with Major League Baseball | Windows Central

I know, I had seen that article about them not updating the app, but the apps left do no absolutely no good if you subscribe to MLB-TV and want to see the games live. Just like the lack of having a NHL Game Center app, like iPhone and Android phones have.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I refused to renew my MLB.tv subscription because of this. I watched several games on my phone last year. They pulled the app... I pulled my renewal. FU MLB.
Im sick of the WP hate and all these apps being pulled. If I didn't know better I would think Apple/Google was actively paying devs to NOT write WP apps... but that's just the conspiracy theorist in me.

loudo

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I refused to renew my MLB.tv subscription because of this. I watched several games on my phone last year. They pulled the app... I pulled my renewal. FU MLB.
Im sick of the WP hate and all these apps being pulled. If I didn't know better I would think Apple/Google was actively paying devs to NOT write WP apps... but that's just the conspiracy theorist in me.

When I inquired I was told it was because of the lack of use of the app. Since I have had the Windows phone, 1 1/2 years, I have lost 4 apps that were dropped, that I used and many others I want to add that have only Android and iPhone apps. The apps for Windows Phones has really gone down hill, in that time.

Batswalla

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I wish I could still listen to games on my phone for the drive home from work.

Sadly, I'm too addicted to MLB to cancel my .tv subscription

No response to my email inquiries other than a nice way of saying "Sucks for you" :cry:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
So...we COULD create a work around...let me know if anyone has an idea if this already exists. If you still have At Bat from last year, it 100% still works, I can watch every game with a catch...the only way I can get into a SPECIFIC game is to tap on the Toast Notification I received for the game start/runs scored. As long as I have a notification about that specific game, I can get into its details and click the TV button and all is good.

The issue I have, is that if the app crashes (which it always does when you get an SMS)...you can't just go "back" into the app. You have to tap a notification and go back in that way...so you can use up all your notifications if it crashes a couple of times (or if it is a low scoring game) and you are SOL.

SOOOOO...the point of all of this...if we could SAVE a specific notification, you could easily just save the "Game About to Start" notification and use that repeated to access the game for that day.

​Is that possible at all?

Last edited:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the 2014 App for the 2015 season and it still works as good as it ever did. It was never a perfectly written App.

I'm surprised no one mentions this.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
"Loose" sounds like "Juice" , "Lose" sounds like Booze :) My generation (For those that can remember Gerald Ford or Nixon as president) or were taught with Nuns at school, this ubiquitous misspelling drives me nuts. Sorry, this is off topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon