How to add my ringtones?

ScottXe

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I tried to put mp3 files in ringtones folder of my phone using my computer. It did appear from the list. Is there any requirement of mp3 file? Is it working on other types of files?

ScottXe

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Can you advise why I need this app as I have ringtones of mp3 file using on other phone and I just transfer the file to Windows Phone only.

ScottXe

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The files can be played on the phone and the size is just a few kb to 100 kb. Can you explain further how to tag the ringtone with Genre set to "ringtone. Thanks!

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if there is an app to do this on your phone, but there are several free ways to do it on the desktop. I use a program (free!!) called MP3Tag. From there, just open your ringtone file in MP3tag and there is a tag section for "genre". Just name it "ringtone". Save the file, and transfer it to the ringtone folder of your phone.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Can you advise why I need this app as I have ringtones of mp3 file using on other phone and I just transfer the file to Windows Phone only.

Because there are some limitations, and the Nokia Ringtone Maker app does the work to overcome those limitation for you (trimming the file, putting it on the right place, refreshing media library).

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea if there is an app to do this on your phone, but there are several free ways to do it on the desktop. I use a program (free!!) called MP3Tag. From there, just open your ringtone file in MP3tag and there is a tag section for "genre". Just name it "ringtone". Save the file, and transfer it to the ringtone folder of your phone.

There is a similar and even more powerful app in WP called Tag Editor, it can tag mp3 automatically with information from Xbox Music and last.fm, check it out 😊.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to tag anything. The ringtones you add will not be on the ringtone list. They will be in 'custom' at the top of the list.
You need nothing except to put them in the ringtone folder on the phone using the PC. You do not have to add 'ringtone' to the tag.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned this in my post, but I only brought it up because he was having problems having his ringtones show up even after moving them to the correct folder. Prior to Windows Phone 8.1, you had to tag your ringtones with the genre set as "ringtone." I thought it coudn't hurt to do this as well.

ScottXe

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all respondents. I have found out why the files were not read by the ringtone list. The file must be dragged to the Ringtones folder - DO not cut/copy the file and then paste into the folder. I believe it is the software bug. Once it do in this way, not only mp3 is working but also others such wav file, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss