How can I Backup & Restore Saved photos?

manudave

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Backup & Restore "Saved photos"

My Lumia 920 (Cyan updated) froze while watching a youtube video. The screen showed just a lot of static noise. Had to do a factory reset. All the apps are back and I've synced music using the Windows phone app for Mac.

I'm not seeing a way to restore "Saved Photos." I have my camera roll backed up to OneDrive and I can restore these pics - but that's a pain as many are pics that I had already deleted from my phone due to poor quality etc. I also had about 500 photos that I'd downloaded from my desktop and that folks had texted/emailed me. These are not backed up to One Drive, right? I know I can re-download them from iMac. This is an easy operation.... but I can't recall which pics I had and I have over 25,000 on my iMac.

Basically, I'm asking, is there a way to backup "Saved Photos?" Pics that I didn't take with my Lumia.
Thanks

Last edited:

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Backup & Restore "Saved photos"

Question: The photos you received, did you save them to the device? If so they may have possibly been backed up to a different folder on your OneDrive. I know mine does under a different folder than my Camera Roll folder.

manudave

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Yes, they were saved to device and are in One Drive folder Photos. Problem is that everything in the photos folder is chronological. So as well as the 400 or so that I had saved on my phone, I have another 2,000 or so that I'd taken with the device and deleted. And there's no way to sort them. The way images are saved to One Drive makes it extremely time consuming to "Restore" them. Images don't have a check box - just a SHARE button next to each day that allows to download all the images from that date!! A bad design!

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

Odd, mine saves separately than from yours. Those I saved have their own folder those I have personally taken are saved to its on Camera Roll. I would not have called that a bad design. Capture.JPG

manudave

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your help. My Pictures folder does have 120 pics - but many of these are pics I saved and then later deleted. What I don't have (and what I want) is the 300 or so that I uploaded from my iMac. These were not taken with my phone - they were taken with a digital camera. As they were uploaded through the Nokia Photo transfer app (or the Windows phone app) they weren't considered "Saved" photos!

manudave

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

As image two shows, I can only download a day at a time via selection and then the SHARE link. And that means checking which images I want to download. Image one shows that I have folders on my One Drive that save images from my hard drive as well. I can re-download those but again, I have to select which images. There's no place that simply has "All images that were stored on phone before it died." That's what I want!

I haven't download the OneDrive app for Mac as of the 86 ratings for the current version 46 give it one star!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.17.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.17.52 PM.png
    404.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.18.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.18.26 PM.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member