Notification sound bug

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that if you have your headphones or a line out plugged to your phone and you have a notification sound that the notification sounds comes through the phones speaker and not through the headphone or whatever the phone is connected to ?
This is annoying especially when the whole purpose of you having headphones plugged in is to not have noises and sounds from your phone disturbing others. This happens especially with whatsapp. This has been going on for a while and still no fix from Microsoft. Anyone else experienced this ?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I just updated to 8.1gdr1 using insider program over the weekend no w10. I also noticed this has well was listening via headphones and got notification notice but it came through speaker has well.
Not sure what it could be causing the issue. But I do not use whatapp, do you have same problem in other apps doing the same.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yea. Facebook messenger and other apps does the same as well. But what is strange is that this happens sometimes with calender notifications too, but not as much. Weird.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Oh this isn't a bug. The notifications sounds come out of the speaker and phone. It has been a feature for a while now. It is so that when you leave your headphones in and you leave your phone somewhere, you can still hear the notification. I do wish that Microsoft could make this feature an option though, it makes it really hard to be discrete

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh this isn't a bug. The notifications sounds come out of the speaker and phone. It has been a feature for a while now. It is so that when you leave your headphones in and you leave your phone somewhere, you can still hear the notification. I do wish that Microsoft could make this feature an option though, it makes it really hard to be discrete

Lol. Feature ? Really ? Wow.
I can understand the logic but the whole point of me having the headphones in is so that I wouldn't use my phones speaker. This defeats the purpose to me.
This really gets annoying as of late. Especially when amongst people and I need my phone to be quiet while listening to music or something.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I understand the logic behind it. But Ms should make it an option to turn on or off.

Anyways if I miss something while away from phone. Isn't that what live tiles and notification center is for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)