Help me about saving setup of apps?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Greetings.

If your apps are installed on your SD Card, then their settings are also saved on the SD Card. However, transferring that SD Card into another Lumia phone won't make the apps work - there has been a discussion on this which could get highly technical, but basically once Lumia Phone A installs an app on SD Card X, Lumia Phone A will look for the hardware code of SD Card X and the app information it created. So even if Lumia Phone B can take SD Card X, if Lumia Phone B didn't install anything on SD Card X then it will not do anything with the apps installed by Lumia Phone A. This is the same reason why "copying everything" from SD Card X to SD Card Y won't make Lumia Phone A recognize the apps the user copied to SD Card Y... because the hardware code for SD Card Y isn't the same (naturally) as the hardware code of SD Card X.

A simpler and similar way would be to sign in your other Lumia Phone with the same Microsoft Account. This way, whatever apps you have installed or purchased can be easily downloaded and installed on your other Lumia phone (or for any Windows 8 device for that matter). However, not all your in-app settings will be carried over.

Noman Shaam

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
i just wanted to share apps.

free apps that i download from store i want them to share so that my other friend shouldn't download it again

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Assalam o Alaikum!

Greetings.....!

how can i save setup of apps in SD card. ?

how can i share my apps with other Lumia?

i just wanted to share apps.

free apps that i download from store i want them to share so that my other friend shouldn't download it again

I see, thanks for the clarification. I responded based on your first two questions, so I presumed you wanted to share apps through an SD Card.

There's an option for Family members in the My Family feature, but I don't think this can or should be expanded to "friends" and "acquaintances", otherwise a lot of developers won't be generating the revenue they deserve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6