When is Microsoft going to address its problem with push notification for WP?

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been having problem with my 1520 for the past few weeks. I can't get any push notifications or live tile notifications from any apps (whatsapp, Viber, facebook messenger etc.) and when I do it's too late. If I'm not mistaken the problem started since the Denim update. The settings are all OK, battery saver is off, notifications are allowed and I even factory reset my device too but none of them helped. So I think the problem is from WP and not my phone. Any ideas when is Microsoft going to fix this issue if ever?

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Whatscrap hasn't worked reliably for me in a long time on the 1520 so think its more of a Whatscrap issue than a Microsoft issue. All my other apps with push notification work well.

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've heard that many people are experiencing this issue with whatsapp but I'm having an issue with all the apps that usually would give you push and live tile notifications. The only ones that are still working properly and are giving me notifications on time are messaging and calling.

AlejoS_11

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Same for me... I have to open the app and check the notifications several times to make them dissapear from the live tile, but even if I do that, I can still see the notifications in the action center.

For me Whatsapp works perfectly, but Facebook almost never show toast notifications and I don't know if I've received a message in Skype unless I open the app.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Tired of this problem. Obviously Whatsapp is the number one app to not get notifications. Have to open the app to get everything at once. But skype, FB, WCentral, everything never arrives. I checked if net connection stops by doing this- Connected to wifi, opened UCbrowser, kept a file to download under the background download section and locked the screen. And as expected the download had stopped, and only resumed when i unlocked my screen hence proving that data transfer stops (for me, data stops almost on any wifi network and sometimes on 3G) when the screen gets locked. Hard reset hasnt solved the issue either :\

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Actually I am at the opposite. The notifications is erratic and I'm not a fan of the notification centre. I'm in too many active group chats on Whatsapp so I don't want to have continuous notifications. Telegram app notification is broken. Messages dont arrive until I open the app. Skype is probably the worse of the lot. The delays is, um, exemplary of how NOT to do an app. The live titles are good enough to let me know if incoming messages. Strange, only FB gave me no problems...

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok now this is getting worse day by day. I might have reset my phone like 3-4 times for this annoying problem but nothing is helping. As soon as my phone switches to wifi and 3G, all the push notifications just stop working, whatsapp (most imp), mails, fb, just everything. Now it is irritating me because i miss important whatsapp messages when i want it. Does anyone have a solution to this? Like a good one? Hard reset helps, but works only a few days before the phone starts keeping any data active when screen locked. This has been going on since Lumia Black for me :\

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Notifications on WP generally work fine these days. The issue, if not solved with a reset, will probably be Whatsapp which is known for being flakey and disrupting other stuff.

Try a factory reset, but do NOT install Whatsapp (just uninstalling may work, but to be sure...). Now test. If it all works, you know it's the Whatsapp people you need to tackle to get their software sorted.

Or use an alternative app that works well.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Or use an alternative app that works well.
I was happily using Telegram but lately its been bad. Not just notifications but sometimes the messages stop coming in. And when it does, it like a deluge. I wont elaborate on the problem with sending pictures (esp camera picts).... its, how shall I put it, poor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett