Still No Mention of a Flagship?

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought for sure MS would take the opportunity of this Build to make some kind of acknowledgement that they were at least working on a top end phone...didn't really expect a lot of detail regarding availability of said device, but apparently I was wrong. I know this Build is mainly for devs but c'mon who wants to develop without knowing that there will be a device that might attract a lot of interest from the avid phone people. MS has yet to introduce a flagship and they have had plenty of time. I am really glad anticipated their antipathy towards a high end phone and recently got a 1520 before they are all gone. I love the windows phone os and everything going on in software development in general but the real reason I joined this site was because of the phones, which continue to be treated as an after thought by MS

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It is indeed bizarre. Satya's mantra of "cloud first, mobile first" seems to only relate to services, not devices. Which is a shame.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
They had said many times flagships in the fall/late summer when windows 10 hits RTM, and //BUILD/ is for developers (and enthusiasts) not the general public and device announcements. But we will hear more on the mobile space of things at keynote 2 tomorrow.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the Continuum piece demonstrates that, while nothing specific was announced, there will be one hell of a device - or devices - coming down the pike.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am holding out some hope for just that sort of announcement or leak ...after all they have used this stage to announce devices as recently as last year

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720