How to enable push notifications for Games Hub in Windows 8.1?

NanduRavi

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey!
I was wondering how to enable game notifications to come up as push notifications. I'm using L520 with Denim update. I was playing AlphaJax the other day and it said the notifications has something to do with the Games Hub. The notifications does come up in Games Hub but I couldn't figure out a way to enable it as push notifications. Hope somebody can help me out. Thanks!

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I want to know if this is possible too. Ever since wp8.1 (I think), I no longer had notifications for Alphajax, and also the live tile doesn't update unless I actually open the app, making the live tile pretty useless compared to how it used to work i.e. showing you how many matches are waiting for you to take your turn. Still one of my favorite games though, along with Tetris Blitz.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Depends.. If the developer has given the option to users then it should be there. I used to get notifications for games like minion rush and throne wars :) If the option was there, but is no longer working or if you feel like it should be there, mail the dev and ask him/her to add it..

(Just to be sure check if you missed it under the game settings). Also allowing the game to run in the background (battery saver settings) will allow it to send you updates and update the live tile optimally

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
No :(

The weird thing is on my sons L630 with WM10 10149, Alphajax notifications do work, whereas on my L930 with 8.1 (recently reverted using WRT) I still do not get notifications for this game. Also if someone takes their turn while I'm in the app, I have to come out of the app and then go back in before I can see them. Not the case with the same app under WM10...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05