Is it possible to Reset Windows Phone and restore only contacts, settings and SMS?

Pretec

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Good evening.

I own a Lumia 920 (Windows Phone 8.1 Denim), but the problem is that it's currently very slow, such as long Loading times when opening apps, FPS breaks on games and so on.

I would like to try and Reset my Phone, the problem is every time I do it, it will restore everything, including apps.

Is there a way to reset my Lumia 920 and only restore the contacts, SMS and settings, as I don't want to restore the gazillion apps I own?

Regards.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
YES ... delete the apps, leaving only what you want. (you still own them & they can be re-installed)
BACKUP your phone, then Hard Reset & Restore that backup.

Last edited:

Pretec

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
YES ... delete the apps, leaving only what you want. (you still own them & they can be re-installed)
BACKUP your phone, then Hard Reset & Restore the last backup.

Thanks for your reply.
So that's the only option, there is no "Restore without apps" option?

Regards.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The only other alternative is to go offline after the hard reset + login, and cancel all pending installations. Not really a better option...

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
If you have text message backup set as on, all the messages are already backed up... And also the contacts are integrated with your MS account...

So you could just try resetting your device and after login select start afresh and it will automatically restore only contacts and messages... Then in message setings select "download messages from any time"... And all your messages will be downloaded...

But before reset, manually backup your device just to be on the safer side...

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If you have text message backup set as on, all the messages are already backed up... And also the contacts are integrated with your MS account...

So you could just try resetting your device and after login select start afresh and it will automatically restore only contacts and messages... Then in message setings select "download messages from any time"... And all your messages will be downloaded...

But before reset, manually backup your device just to be on the safer side...

The problem with that is NO settings come back - that's a major problem, to get everything setup again.

I like my answer, you do some housekeeping & restore does (most of) the rest.
You'll need to provide passwords for your accounts (email, twitter, etc.)
Certain apps download with default settings that need to be reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven