Why do IE & Inbox force close in WP 8.1?

imrajeshr

May 6, 2015
Visit site
IE & Inbox force close in WP 8.1

I have HTC 8S, with windows 8.1 updated (8.10.14219.341). It has been working good but suddenly whenever i use inbox (yahoo) / Internet explorer, the apps gets force close. I could not use any browser from Wstrore. All facing same issue.
Please help me out here !!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: IE & Inbox force close in WP 8.1

I have HTC 8S, with windows 8.1 updated (8.10.14219.341). It has been working good but suddenly whenever i use inbox (yahoo) / Internet explorer, the apps gets force close. I could not use any browser from Wstrore. All facing same issue.

Please help me out here !!

Have you tried soft resetting (power and vol down together) until you feel the phone vibrate into boot?

imrajeshr

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Hi djeire84, Thanks for the help.
I did the reset many times.. as soon as i open the IE and try access any website,, (ex.google.com) it gets force close.:unhappy:
Not sure why there is no factory reset to roll back in to the initial version ... reset is happening only at the latest updated os version :(

KR

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Hi djeire84, Thanks for the help.

I did the reset many times.. as soon as i open the IE and try access any website,, (ex.google.com) it gets force close.:unhappy:

Not sure why there is no factory reset to roll back in to the initial version ... reset is happening only at the latest updated os version :(

KR

You could try using the Lumia recovery tool and flash a downgraded version of WP. I think you can flash WP8.1 onto it from there. Recovery is your best option at this juncture.
***Note backup your files and such first -- Settings.. Backup... Apps and settings***

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos