Lumia 930 update since update 2

Gazaman77

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I've been having a couple of issues with my phone since updating to update 2. Now I cant 100% say it was at the exact time of the update but it was around that time.
Basically there are 2 issues-
1) I no longer get any haptic feedback from the navigation buttons.
2) Sometimes at random intervals my phone speaker seems to be silent> Phone lights up with caller ID and no sound and when I answer, nothing! I have to restart and all's well again.
Is there a way of rolling back the firmware?
Now i'm not entirely sure the update is at fault...Maybe its a bad app of hardware fault! All I know is it was after(not immediately) I updated.
Cheers
Gary

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Would this be faster, or in any way "better" or "preferable" to doing a regular hard reset (i.e. Erase my phone and restore from backup)? I've also noticed a lot of issues since using the Windows Insider app to update my 930 to Update 2. I'm about ready to start over and see if plain old 8.1 and Denim are any better (though I will miss the improved Settings).

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed a hard reset will not bring you back to 8.1 update 1 if you are now on 8.1 update 2.
And indeed decisions, decisions.
Now I do not want to sound as a "smart-ss" but you are now in this situation because you took the decision to go to update 2 to fast.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Indeed a hard reset will not bring you back to 8.1 update 1 if you are now on 8.1 update 2.
And indeed decisions, decisions.
Now I do not want to sound as a "smart-ss" but you are now in this situation because you took the decision to go to update 2 to fast.

Appreciate the confirmation on needing to use the recovery tool; don't appreciate the unnecessary admonition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786