MSN/Bing News. Notifications and an alternative?

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Is anyone finding that the MSN/Bing News app is no longer providing breaking news notifications? The live tile is working fine for me, but I can't remember the last time I received a breaking news notification. With the election results happening at the moment, I would have expected this would have been the perfect time for the app to deliver, but it doesn't. Everything is setup to allow notifications to happen, the only thing I haven't tried is a reinstall of the app. Anyone having this issue?

Does anyone also use any other news app that also provides notification updates?

Cheers.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Is anyone finding that the MSN/Bing News app is no longer providing breaking news notifications? The live tile is working fine for me, but I can't remember the last time I received a breaking news notification. With the election results happening at the moment, I would have expected this would have been the perfect time for the app to deliver, but it doesn't. Everything is setup to allow notifications to happen, the only thing I haven't tried is a reinstall of the app. Anyone having this issue?

Does anyone also use any other news app that also provides notification updates?
Cheers.

I also like ABC news also has a great live tile and notifications as good if not faster than MSN.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Still getting notifications from MSN News here.

Scott

When did you last receive a toast notification? Toasts are working for all my other apps that have been setup to provide notifications, and the live tile is still working fine for it. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it yesterday to see if that helped but with the Nepal earthquake that's just happened again I would have expected that to come through for example. Be interesting to know what notifications people are getting and when. Also are you on the latest version of the app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99