Not subbed to any podcast but takes up 2.2GB in phone memory

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Looking for suggestions on how to free up phone memory.

Storage Sense > phone > apps+games is showing that a podcasts folder is taking up 2.2GB in my phone memory.

The strange thing is that I am not subscribed to any podcasts. Storage Sense listing shows that the total size of podcasts is 2.2GB but the Install is 5.89MB with the rest being Data. There is no Manage function available for this podcasts folder.

The folder doesn't appear in the Windows Phone Files app or the Windows 8.1 Windows Phone app when I connect the phone to my PC. The file size doesn't change when adding new apps to phone memory so it isn't functioning like Other memory.

Another strange thing is Storage Sense > phone > podcasts also exists so I have two separate podcast folders in phone memory. This folder shows 0 bytes used and has the Manage option.

System takes up 5.2GB in phone memory so with that inaccessible 2.2GB podcast file-folder in memory I have less than a GB left.

Any suggestions how to free up that phone memory? It would be nice if I could somehow access that folder-file and move it to the microSD card.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans