Help Me Remember - People Hub 7.8 vs 8 vs 8.1

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming back to WP after a bit on other platforms. I originally had a Lumia 900 then an HTC 8S.

I REALLY miss the FB/TWTR integration of 7.8 and 8 and am willing to go back to another 900 or 720 on WP 8.0.

Here's my question:

Was the People Hup the same in 7.8 and 8 and only lost the integration in 8.1? Or did it loose some features as well in 8 that I don't remember?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Facebook and Twitter integration were not really "lost", the process was just modified. Instead of being able to integrate your contacts from Settings > email+accounts, integration can now be done through the respective official Facebook and Twitter apps.

If I remember correctly, FB integration was modified from WP8 to 8.1, while Twitter integration was modified in a succeeding update.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Facebook and Twitter integration were not really "lost", the process was just modified. Instead of being able to integrate your contacts from Settings > email+accounts, integration can now be done through the respective official Facebook and Twitter apps.

Well, its a bit more that that. I can't post directly to someone's FB page nor comment on something without having FB installed and launching the app.

One of the main selling points of WP was that all of that was baked into to OS. Now its not. The Messenger and FB apps drain battery, are slow, and add another layer of complexity that wasn't there before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos