Still not gotten Update 2 for windows phone 8.1 and i have an 830

owoturotimi

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I know the update is not that much of a difference to update 1 but I really do not like being left in the dust. I know there is a planned update for the 830 and many users have gotten the update 2 on their 830's but why don't I have the update yet. I have an unlocked lumia 830 RM-984_1000 and I do not know why I don't have this update yet or received it. Could it be because its from Hong Kong? I currently have no sim in the phone because I am in Canada and have not gotten a sim yet but I received the full denim update without one too. Whats going on? Is there a problem with my device? Are there other people who have not received it on the lumia 830? The M8 has received it already and the yezz billy but this are all non lumia phones. :unhappysweat:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
no 830 has officially received the update. those who do have the update got it as a side effect of the Insider Preview. It requires hard resetting the device after the update in order to prevent the update to 10 which will begin shortly after. Not worth it IMO.

Nico Dekker

Feb 23, 2008
Visit site
On xda developers there's a thread on getting GDR2 on a 830. Involves first flashing an Italian CV firmware version and than use Windows Insider. Did this on my 830 with success, but if you have no experience with flashing I won't recommend this way 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99