[Guide] Installing WP 8.1 Update 2 on Lumia Devices**

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I am installing to the phone - just checked, but then again, I just realized that I don't have my SD Card installed - lent it to my dad for his work. Do I have to have an SD Card as well? It IS mandatory, isn't it? That's beside the point.

Thanks, man :D

Please read the instructions carefully, they are written for a reason.

Vince Lupe

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, Panka :D I did see them; however, I directed the path to Desktop/WPSystem_0500.xap, and it now says App Deployment Complete?

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok what you need to do to make this work is to start with a fresh install.

I didn't try your method 😋😋 (sorry for that), but I managed to deploy the latest version of customwpsystem_006 and it works like a charm, now I want to edit this registry
31bc0971ccb693ddf011acdcb624c982.png
but didn't find it under registry option
f3868f43c8566cfca688211dc710c5e4.png
, earlier I have this registry key and I edited it, but now it's not there , Can you confirm it whether it is present in your phone or not ....

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
While we're at it, might as well make some changes like these:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Theme\UserPreferenceWidth
Want 5 row action toggles on your phone? Then this is for you! Create this dword and put a value of 75! This will give your phone that 1520 screen estate, meaning tinier text, tinier buttons, tiny everything! Change value back to 0 and delete the dword to revert back to default.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\OEM\SystemTray\DataConnectionStrings\
also in this location is your mobile data status. Fool yourself and or your friends by changing the appropriate string (depending on your mobile connection) to 4G+ or 5G, or even go crazy by showing $$$.
Take note of the changes you make in here, that's the only way to revert back to default without performing hard reset.

HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetInfo\PhoneMobileOperatorDisplayName
if you want to show off your awesome carriers name in the about page. More on this here!
Any additional strings you make in here can be deleted if you don't want it anymore.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\OEM\ThemeCPL\OLEDWarning
change value to 1 if you want to fool yourself and or your friends that your screen is OLED and if using the white theme, should also show a warning about battery drain on LCD. More on this here!
Just put it back to 0 if you don't want it anymore.

There are many more! But unfortunately we can't change their values like export to sim toggle and VoLTE swtiches.
Good luck!

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
It didn't add 5 action centre to my phone due to small screen (L520), however with userpreferencewidth registry change I get the small text which is helpful in some places...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Anyone got the registry key and value to get maps to point to SD card? I think Lumia Storage Check beta must have used a registry hack, because maps stayed on SD card even after the app was uninstalled. I'm thinking its in the registry. If someone can find it, I'll be happy to test it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone got the registry key and value to get maps to point to SD card? I think Lumia Storage Check beta must have used a registry hack, because maps stayed on SD card even after the app was uninstalled. I'm thinking its in the registry. If someone can find it, I'll be happy to test it.

That registry key is protected hence not changeable on Lumias (yet)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I didn't try your method 😋😋 (sorry for that), but I managed to deploy the latest version of customwpsystem_006 and it works like a charm, now I want to edit this registry //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/09/31bc0971ccb693ddf011acdcb624c982.png but didn't find it under registry option //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/09/f3868f43c8566cfca688211dc710c5e4.png , earlier I have this registry key and I edited it, but now it's not there , Can you confirm it whether it is present in your phone or not ....

What you need to do is edit the registry with the values HIGHSCREEN, WinWin and 000-88 in its respective sections. To edit in these sections just tap the Write button. Then tap start go settings, phone update and the update will start downloading (takes 20 mins to find update so sit tight it will download) if it gives you an error you might of not put the right reg edit in the right section.
**You put this in the DeviceTargetingInfo section in HKLM/software/platform/devicetargetinginfo

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
While we're at it, might as well make some changes like these:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Theme\UserPreferenceWidth
Want 5 row action toggles on your phone? Then this is for you! Create this dword and put a value of 75! This will give your phone that 1520 screen estate, meaning tinier text, tinier buttons, tiny everything! Change value back to 0 and delete the dword to revert back to default.

Is there a way to make the interface "bigger"? Bigger button bigger text bigger everything? Kinda like to increase DPI settings on Android devices. For old-eyes sake.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It didn't add 5 action centre to my phone due to small screen (L520), however with userpreferencewidth registry change I get the small text which is helpful in some places...

Needs at least 720p.

Is there a way to make the interface "bigger"? Bigger button bigger text bigger everything? Kinda like to increase DPI settings on Android devices. For old-eyes sake.

That would be in a different path, OS-level and not possible to be tampered with this app.

while the rest are more gimmicks this one looks very useful. Before I give this a try, does somebody have a screenshot of what this looks like on the L830 perhaps? Too small?

PS: where is this from? XDA? I haven't been there for a while. Thanks!

No screenshot but interface is passable if you have sharp eyes, like the system tray icons would be as small as, if not smaller than those found on iP6. The only thing not affected by this edit is the keyboard and some 3rd party apps, they don't scale. Like you know those 3rd party apps that you install on a 1520 and not scale. And yes a couple of these are from sea like a year ago, the other two can be found at Microsoft website along with other tweaks that we can't edit.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
No screenshot but interface is passable if you have sharp eyes, like the system tray icons would be as small as, if not smaller than those found on iP6. The only thing not affected by this edit is the keyboard and some 3rd party apps, they don't scale. Like you know those 3rd party apps that you install on a 1520 and not scale. And yes a couple of these are from sea like a year ago, the other two can be found at Microsoft website along with other tweaks that we can't edit.
not sure what I am missing. I made the registry change, it sticks after reboot/soft reset and I do notice that I see "loading..." for some things that opened faster without the reg entry. But I can't figure out how to change the rows. It is still the same as before....

edit: Tried this a few more times but although the registry entries stick, nothing is changing. I think I need to drive to Columbus to get this to work ;)

Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
So this past Saturday, I followed this guide and successfully updated to GDR2 with Denim on my Lumia 635 from AT&T. Now, today, AT&T officially released Denim with GDR2 to the Lumia 635. Missed it by 4 days to get it legit.

Ah, well, I've got it. I won't worry about it.

For anyone else that's got a Lumia 635 from AT&T that was thinking of trying this, just do a normal phone update. It will be easier. ;)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually if you want to re-brand your device and go back to AT&T's firmware then just set the following registry entries:

PhoneMobileOperatorName >> ATT-US
PhoneManufacturerModelName >> RM-975_1035

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Looking at the video in Italian the guy uses the same exact steps that Pankaj listed. It shows the process all the way to entering the registry on his L830. Some of that comes from XDA apparently
doesn't help me much with my problem. Will have my Italian friend translate this to see if I missed something.

Don't mean to hijack this thread...but I tried to interop unlock on my 830, but failed. I could do it on my 1520 and 635 though. lol -This goddam 830. xD

@pankaj981 - I just replied to your PM. Super sorry I just saw your message till just now. I've been using the app on the phone and I rarely check my messages. lol

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
not sure what I am missing. I made the registry change, it sticks after reboot/soft reset and I do notice that I see "loading..." for some things that opened faster without the reg entry. But I can't figure out how to change the rows. It is still the same as before....

edit: Tried this a few more times but although the registry entries stick, nothing is changing. I think I need to drive to Columbus to get this to work ;)

Are you talking about getting the 5 columns on the 830? - Make sure you add entries like this exactly --- I believe you probably forgot to select under the Type box "Integer - DWORD -32bit...

Should look like this:

Imgur

Here's what it looks like on my 830: IMO I freaking love the font size now. SOOO MUCH BETTER!

Imgur

http://imgur.com/dh4j0T4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)