[Guide] Installing WP 8.1 Update 2 on Lumia Devices**

imcooladi4 u

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I think No, otherwise it will be added to 1st post

I done this type of thing before but I'm just curious/worried that if I'll get Windows 10 mobile on this (win blue) Lumia registry or I must start over it. I upgrading it for hide navigation bar and double tap to wake up and lock.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I done this type of thing before but I'm just curious/worried that if I'll get Windows 10 mobile on this (win blue) Lumia registry or I must start over it. I upgrading it for hide navigation bar and double tap to wake up and lock.

I don't think so there will be any problem in getting wm10

danielcabral84

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
This trick is still working? I've a L930 White, already tried the Finland FW trick but Windows insider app always goes to W10M. I've noted the damn mic bug when watched my videos of David Gilmour's show and all ot them haven't any sound! ??

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
This trick is still working? I've a L930 White, already tried the Finland FW trick but Windows insider app always goes to W10M. I've noted the damn mic bug when watched my videos of David Gilmour's show and all ot them haven't any sound! ??

Did this on a Lumia 830 a few days prior to your post, 12/11 and it worked fine.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Does this only work if you are going down from W10M to 8.1, or would it still work via Windows Insider rather than Preview for Developers? I'm interested in trying this for my 735, since it only has WP 8.1 Update 1. :(

I'm not interested in trying Windows 10 mobile for this device.

Thank you for this great guide, by the way.

Edit: I found out by trying to do a shortcut, which didn't end up working, and it took me to W10...so disregard my entire post.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does this only work if you are going down from W10M to 8.1, or would it still work via Windows Insider rather than Preview for Developers? I'm interested in trying this for my 735, since it only has WP 8.1 Update 1. :(

I'm not interested in trying Windows 10 mobile for this device.

Thank you for this great guide, by the way.

Edit: I found out by trying to do a shortcut, which didn't end up working, and it took me to W10...so disregard my entire post.

You will first have to flash your device to the stock 8.1 ROM and then perform this trick.

If you read carefully this can only be done on a phone with SD card

Last edited:

Degru

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
If you upgraded to the necessary OS version with Developer Preview, there's no need to reset the phone. There's a registry key at the bottom of the list where you change the other 3 keys called "DevOSPreview" or something like that. If that's set to 1, just set it to 0 and check for updates again. This is the registry key that the official Developer Preview app flips when you enable it on your device. Keep in mind that it may be stuck on Checking for updates for a LONG time before it finds anything.

Giomarinaio

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
It' s still working, but I've used the Mix Radio app procedure to unlock my Lumia 820. I've flashed the initial build of 8.1, after I've updated to Update 1, and I've done the job of registry modification and finaly I've updated to Update 2.
Thanks.
I've tried update my Lumia 820 to Windows 10, but the battery Always go down immediately, so I've decidet to return to Windows 8.1, and I've found your useful guide.
Many tanks from Italy.

JoeydSantos

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
When I click on Apply XAP as your mentioned on step 12, CustomWPSystem app gets crashed. Any solution ?

Update#1 : Almost done with everything!
But stuck at Registry Editing! After writing the value when I click on Write button, nothing happens. And after that when I click on Save option it gives me an error "File not saved "

Please help me out with this!

Update#2 : Done with Registry Editing! :D

Now checking for updates...
i have the problem with the custompfd and i get crashed... how could you solve this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea