8.1 Update 2 users only.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Post your region, phone type eg Lumia 520, your Windows Phone 8.1 update 2 and mobile carrier.

Just to get an accurate look at how many users have 8.1 update 2.

I'll start things off

Region: Ireland

Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Carrier: Three Ireland

Last edited:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Please share. You don't have to share your Carrier just region and your OS being update 2. Along with your mobile phone make and model.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Region: United States
Phone: Lumia 635
Carrier: AT&T

This weekend, I unlocked my phone, de-branded it, and updated it first to Denim and then Update 2, aka GDR2.

I am SO glad I did it!

EDIT: I recommend it to anyone comfortable flashing the ROM and doing registry edits. I can't believe how much faster the phone responds to everything. It's noticeably faster (insert "seems faster" reference here) for loading apps, restarting, resuming, everything I've tried so far. Coming back up from a soft reset is way faster than before. This update needs to be available to everyone, in my opinion. It appears to me that my battery life has also improved by a very noticeable margin. Happy days.

Last edited:

Mike Dominski

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Region: United States
Phone: Lumia 635
Carrier: AT&T

This weekend, I unlocked my phone, de-branded it, and updated it first to Denim and then Update 2, aka GDR2.

I am SO glad I did it!

EDIT: I recommend it to anyone comfortable flashing the ROM and doing registry edits. I can't believe how much faster the phone responds to everything. It's noticeably faster (insert "seems faster" reference here) for loading apps, restarting, resuming, everything I've tried so far. Coming back up from a soft reset is way faster than before. This update needs to be available to everyone, in my opinion. It appears to me that my battery life has also improved by a very noticeable margin. Happy days.

I have an 830 I'd love to do it too. I've unlocked and flashed and messed with roms and rooting with androids but never on a Windows phone. Would happen to have a link or something that will point me in the right direction? I can't seem to find much.

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Region: Caribbean
Phone1: Lumia 822
Phone2: Lumia 620
Carrier1: LIME
Carrier2: No Sim

Wish there was a way to remove that red Verizon splash.
It's already possible to change the blue wp boot logo.

wprocks

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have an 830 I'd love to do it too. I've unlocked and flashed and messed with roms and rooting with androids but never on a Windows phone. Would happen to have a link or something that will point me in the right direction? I can't seem to find much.

I would like to know too. I have 640 XL and would like to flash for US image.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Start Here: [Guide] Installing WP 8.1 Update 2 on Lumia Devices**
I would like to know too. I have 640 XL and would like to flash for US image.
Why flash for US image? You can just set the region. Not sure what you're wanting to do, to be honest.
Region: Caribbean
Phone1: Lumia 822
Phone2: Lumia 620
Carrier1: LIME
Carrier2: No Sim

Wish there was a way to remove that red Verizon splash.
It's already possible to change the blue wp boot logo.
I removed the branding, period, so no more AT&T splash. Instead, it shows the blue WP Boot logo twice, instead of AT&T and WP Logo.

The only way to remove the Verizon splash that I know of is to change the ROM to non-branded. There are instructions to remove branding for AT&T Lumia 635, and it also works for the 820, but it doesn't work for all Lumias.

You may be able to start at the following location and get help figuring out the rest from there:
[Guide] De-branding AT&T Nokia Lumia 635/**820**

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
That counts! Yay! Thanks for posting. I was afraid my wife was going to get suspicious with me hanging out in a thread with only me and djeire84. ;)

Mrs Rhapdog don't need to worry as I'm engaged lol. Just windows central buddies. Say hi to your missus for me. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077