How is this possible? IE tanks my battery in the background even though it's "not allowed."

jz78817

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
How is this possible? IE tanks my battery in the background even though it's "not allowed."

see screenshot. woke up this morning to a dead phone. IE is supposedly "not allowed" to run in the background but it decided to tank my battery anyway.
wp_ss_20150613_0001.jpg

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: How is this possible? IE tanks my battery in the background even though it's "not allowed."

Try to clear chache, turn of your phone for 10-15min to cool down, disable background and try with battery saver.

jz78817

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: How is this possible? IE tanks my battery in the background even though it's "not allowed."

that doesn't even remotely answer my question.

Last edited:

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

that doesn't even remotely answer my question.
Acually it does. This is the proces for ,,buged in action" applications. In your case IE most likely was bugged and refuse to shutdown. After shuting down your phone, any app will shut down too. After that, simply clearing cache and re-disabling ,,background task" might save you big time of reseting your whole phone.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

Remember to soft reset your phone by pressing volume down & power until it restarts.....or pull the battery if you can.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I agree: Soft Reset is a great cure for any glitchyness that might appear...

As for "WHY?" Glitch happens.

muitenphale

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

see screenshot. woke up this morning to a dead phone. IE is supposedly "not allowed" to run in the background but it decided to tank my battery anyway.
View attachment 106371

This may be a bug of IE when it continues running in background even when it is not allowed to. In fact, not allowing IE to run in background may cause it cannot play music when you turn off the screen.

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes Battery Saver bugs and switches foreground and background. Try changing the timeframe (that sometimes gets the right data)
Sent from my Purple Velociraptor running Windows Phone 8.1

jz78817

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

cripes, if I wanted to micromanage my phone like that I'd just use Android.

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes I just close all tabs, and make sure IE settings sync is turned off.

xibartx

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

you probably went to some page that had some ad that hung up and wouldn't close properly.....happens to all browsers....now if it happens all the time you might have reason to be concerned....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12