Urgent Query.. How to install Nokia refocus and Nokia Mix radio in lumia 540

n70shan

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi , i recently bought lumia 540 and in windows store it says that my lumia 540 is incompatible with these two apps listed above. so is there a way i can manually install them forcefully? and secondly i want to know that is there a away i can install galance screen on my lumia 540?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If those apps are listed as "incompatible", then they won't run in your phone - they won't even be installed.

The Lumia 540 does not appear to support Glance screen, so there's no way that can be installed, too.

n70shan

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If those apps are listed as "incompatible", then they won't run in your phone - they won't even be installed.

The Lumia 540 does not appear to support Glance screen, so there's no way that can be installed, too.

ok i m new to windows phone thats y asking questions... ok i have one more probel,my lumia 540 has a camera issue that when i take picture on auto settings it takes yellowish tonned picture so i used manual control and changed white balance and now it looks fine so here i have two questions :

1. how to remove this yellowish tint in picture.. is that a software or hardware issue??

2. i cant save that manual control settings in camera, as soon as i exit camera app and then restart it , it comes to default setting so is there a way to save that custom camera setting?
Thankss

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
ok i m new to windows phone thats y asking questions... ok i have one more probel,my lumia 540 has a camera issue that when i take picture on auto settings it takes yellowish tonned picture so i used manual control and changed white balance and now it looks fine so here i have two questions :

1. how to remove this yellowish tint in picture.. is that a software or hardware issue??

2. i cant save that manual control settings in camera, as soon as i exit camera app and then restart it , it comes to default setting so is there a way to save that custom camera setting?
Thankss

No problem, we've got a lot of users in the forums who can help you with your questions, just drop your questions in anytime.:cool:

Hmmm... I have a L1020 but here's what I've got for your questions:
1. In the L1020, the tint (sometimes greenish or bluish) only happens under certain lighting conditions and when taking a photo of certain subjects. For example, when I try taking a photo of a red gate up close, Lumia Camera tries to compensate for the over-all redness of the photo and turns it slightly purplish. Just like you, I change the manual white balance settings to fix it - usually the daylight setting is the best. Under daylight, I usually get no issues with white balance. Do you?

It seems to be mainly a software "issue", since a few updates in the past have "improved" the color rendition of Windows Phones. However, it also has something to do with how digital cameras in general - that they always need to determine a sort of baseline for the overall color profile of the scene (rather than a fixed color sensitivity as in film cameras).

2. There seems to be no way to save that. The only setting that is saved in Lumia Camera is the flash setting - the rest needs to be set manually each time the app is exited.

n70shan

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I can change white balance to get better result but i m tired of changing setting again and agin. Camera is unusable for me.. Even video is also dark and yellowish... Should i try exchanging my phone?? Or should i try installing different firmware?

n70shan

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
No problem, we've got a lot of users in the forums who can help you with your questions, just drop your questions in anytime.:cool:

Hmmm... I have a L1020 but here's what I've got for your questions:
1. In the L1020, the tint (sometimes greenish or bluish) only happens under certain lighting conditions and when taking a photo of certain subjects. For example, when I try taking a photo of a red gate up close, Lumia Camera tries to compensate for the over-all redness of the photo and turns it slightly purplish. Just like you, I change the manual white balance settings to fix it - usually the daylight setting is the best. Under daylight, I usually get no issues with white balance. Do you?

It seems to be mainly a software "issue", since a few updates in the past have "improved" the color rendition of Windows Phones. However, it also has something to do with how digital cameras in general - that they always need to determine a sort of baseline for the overall color profile of the scene (rather than a fixed color sensitivity as in film cameras).

2. There seems to be no way to save that. The only setting that is saved in Lumia Camera is the flash setting - the rest needs to be set manually each time the app is exited.
I can change white balance to get better result but i m tired of changing setting again and agin. Camera is unusable for me.. Even video is also dark and yellowish... Should i try exchanging my phone?? Or should i try installing different firmware?

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

You may try using a different app, but chances are that you will have the same results since other app use the same "SDK". The only app I know, so far, that uses a slightly different one is ProShot (as suggested by RumoredNow) but it comes with a price of course.

My advice would be to either try/buy ProShot (not sure if there's a trial since I got it when it was free), or to stick with Lumia Camera and just adjust the white balance. That the camera is unusable could be an exaggeration - having a phone camera in your pocket is more convenient than bringing around a bulky camera, right?

Then again... you may want to share with us a sample photo or video with us so we can know if your camera is indeed really unusable and necessitates the replacement of your phone. Just click on the "Insert Image" and/or "Insert Video" icons to proceed with the attachment of the image/video.

You don't need to install different firmware - this may just complicate the situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro