The disgraceful select Photos issue (VIDEO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So, i have been talking about this since it came up on DEV PREVIEW. But now GDR2 is officially out for multiple phones, multiple carriers, countries etc. so..... i made this little "bitchy" video about what i consider the worst bug ever.

SELECTING PHOTOS super lag! (i've tried this on 730/725/1520 and now 830) Same on all devices no matter how many times you try to re-install and re-boot (hard/soft).

Why haven't they solved this????

PS: Please excuse my Kevin Spacey'esque kinda ending, been watching to much "H.O.C".

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see a 640 on your list. I wonder as so many got Update 2 through manipulating Insider. Just trying to see what we can do to identify a commonality in addition to Update 2

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see a 640 on your list. I wonder as so many got Update 2 through manipulating Insider. Just trying to see what we can do to identify a commonality in addition to Update 2

I actually upgraded my old 735 (which wasnt that old) to a Lumia 640 which is the worse thing i ever did. That phone was half baked to say the least. After that i jumped the 830. Got GDR2 offered OTA yesterday, figured why not, it might work. But no!!!!! It was still the same crap-fest they showed us almost 6 months ago. Now i'm thinking i wanna sell it, cuz i don't wanna spend another couple of hours trying top go back on GDR1.

Ufff, i'm so tired of Windows Phone..... i wanna stay, but i just don't feel like it anymore, such a hassle. The great big beta test apparently wasn't over.

I don't know what i expected. I mean, they couldn't even make Live Lock Screen work! After a whole year!!!! A whole year!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually upgraded my old 735 (which wasnt that old) to a Lumia 640 which is the worse thing i ever did. That phone was half baked to say the least. After that i jumped the 830. Got GDR2 offered OTA yesterday, figured why not, it might work...

Sorry... I don't know if there is some BLOG I'm supposed to be subscribed to to write down your device history???

Again: I can not know any facts that you don't write down. It is poor form to assume we (the readers) automatically know things you have not put in this thread, like ownership of a 640 which has Update 2 official. You never stated how any of the other phones came by Update 2. The post by Skulls138 implies he has Update 2 on his 1520.3 and I know that Update 2 has not come to that device officially as I have it for my daily driver...

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I actually upgraded my old 735 (which wasnt that old) to a Lumia 640 which is the worse thing i ever did. That phone was half baked to say the least. After that i jumped the 830. Got GDR2 offered OTA yesterday, figured why not, it might work. But no!!!!! It was still the same crap-fest they showed us almost 6 months ago. Now i'm thinking i wanna sell it, cuz i don't wanna spend another couple of hours trying top go back on GDR1.

Ufff, i'm so tired of Windows Phone..... i wanna stay, but i just don't feel like it anymore, such a hassle. The great big beta test apparently wasn't over.

I don't know what i expected. I mean, they couldn't even make Live Lock Screen work! After a whole year!!!! A whole year!

You seem very upset and defeated. Maybe its time to move on from Windows phone. Using your phone should be enjoyable.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I checked on my 920 and 930 both on W10 10136 and select works instantaneously so it is solved in W10.

Now probably everyone has a different definition for "worst bug ever" (which is okay) but 3 seconds lag before you can select pictures is for me only a very slight annoyance.

I agree that this should not be in Update 2 but ......

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Jesus.

I have a deformed back, bunions, a bulimic cat, and a job I dislike. I hadn't had a car my entire life until last month, I ran out of my medication, and I'm broke after paying my bills. Yet for all of these things put together I don't have half the resentment you harbor for a three second wait to select photos on your mobile device.

I did find your rant amusing. I'll give you that.

Sounds like you might be fed up with Windows Phone. Time to switch to Android, or iPhone, perhaps?

Edited to add that neither my 830 or my boyfriend's 830 do this. It's immediate. All photos selected in less than half a second.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what the OP is trying to accomplish with this thread.

I have the 640 and the select all pictures pops-up instantly.
This seems a bit overboard as far as a complaint.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what the OP is trying to accomplish with this thread.

I have the 640 and the select all pictures pops-up instantly.
This seems a bit overboard as far as a complaint.

Not if u pay good money to have a good camera phone and you use it a lot. Doing this multiple times days creates and endless annoyance. And thats not all, when you take pictures (GDR2)... try taking 3 pictures in a row, go to yo photos folder and see if theyre there. On all GDR2 devices: If you took 3 photos, first one pops up, you have to back out, 2nd one pops up, back out and then the 3rd one is there.

It's ridiculous that MS is downgrading everything as they go along. Why is it a thing now and not the last 3-4 years. Because it's a bug and they don't care, apparently people don't care either which is why Android is a succes.

PS: So do you also think its approriate that the 640 Onscreen nav buttons dont rotate with the phone? (that should not be a thing either)

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Jesus.

I have a deformed back, bunions, a bulimic cat, and a job I dislike. I hadn't had a car my entire life until last month, I ran out of my medication, and I'm broke after paying my bills. Yet for all of these things put together I don't have half the resentment you harbor for a three second wait to select photos on your mobile device.

I did find your rant amusing. I'll give you that.

Sounds like you might be fed up with Windows Phone. Time to switch to Android, or iPhone, perhaps?

Edited to add that neither my 830 or my boyfriend's 830 do this. It's immediate. All photos selected in less than half a second.

Can you prove it? I've tried 5 830's. It's all the same.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I didn't even noticed it until this post :p
I can confirm that selecting pictures is slower than update 1 on my lumia 730, but it takes +-1 second.
Anyway W10m build 10136 doesn't have this issue so don't worry, in late 2015 your problem will be fixed!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how many pictures you have. It you have like a gazillion pictueres on your phone, it is going to take a while.

I have a frigging blu win hd and the delay is minimal. When I press the button it is like a 1 second delay, which I can live with.

However, what I noticed is that if I go to albums and go to an album with not much pictures, and press select. It happens instantly....

Keep in mind that when you press select on that main page, the phone is highlighting ALLLLLLLL the pictures in your phone...

Windows 10 is bringing a whole new photos app.... It's either you can wait or you can ride out.....

totally up to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa